Re: summer internship

  • rj
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 13, 2011
      i live in california...and thanks for the reply

      --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Lauren Steinberg <LSteinberg@...> wrote:

      > I work full time and pay an assistant to drop by a few times during the day
      > to help me eat and use the bathroom. I've had good luck posting ads online
      > through Craigslist and finding people who live/work nearby. What state do
      > you live in? If you are eligible for Medicaid most states have county based
      > programs that provide funding for daily assistance.

    • whopinwheels
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 17, 2011
        Oh cool, i live in northern california (sf bay area to be specific).

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2011
          noo way i have family that live there beautiful place...how old are you if you dont mind me asking im 19

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2011

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2011
              noo way i have family that live there beautiful place...how old are you if you dont mind me asking im 19

              --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "whopinwheels" <LSteinberg@...> wrote:

              > Oh cool, i live in northern california (sf bay area to be specific).
              > --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "rj" <lokajaq@> wrote:
              > >

              > > i live in california...and thanks for the reply
              > >
              > > --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Lauren Steinberg <LSteinberg@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I work full time and pay an assistant to drop by a few times during the day
              > > > to help me eat and use the bathroom. I've had good luck posting ads online
              > > > through Craigslist and finding people who live/work nearby. What state do
              > > > you live in? If you are eligible for Medicaid most states have county based
              > > > programs that provide funding for daily assistance.

            • Lauren Steinberg
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 20, 2011
                Oh cool, I'm 26. If you're ever here visiting let me know, it's always neat
                to meet other folks with AMC. So, where are you doing your internship and
                what will you be doing for it? When i was an undergrad i did a few summer
                research internships and had a really great time with each one.

              • rj
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 20, 2011
                  I'm in the interview process for two currently: the first is for the Red Cross; I would basically go around working there booths or giving speeches at Health Care Events and things of that nature. The second one is for a non-profit organization called School on Wheels, which helps tutor and educate homeless children...i would start of as a personal 1-1 tutor than hopefully work my way up to Region Coordinator.

                  I agree meeting ppl with AMC is very cool...do you have a facebook? maybe we can chat more on there?