Re: [Adults AMC] picture of child we are adopting a child with AMC, really need advice!

  • becky deaver
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28 1:38 PM
      Is her picture on your blog?  I went to the web address you have in your post, but I'm not sure which picture is your new little girl.
      Becky

      From: Allyson <allycat70001@...>

      Subject: Re: [Adults AMC] adopting a child with AMC, really need advice!

      To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Monday, April 25, 2011, 7:49 PM

      I'm an AMC adoptee myself. I am 1 of 5 kids all adopted, and am the middle

      child. My 4 siblings and myself are all no more then 1 year age gap between us

      and the under 2 boys are 3 months apart. needless to say my mom never had enough

      hands to hold us all, so, i pretty much lived in one of those baby holders that

      you wear on the front and then moved to a baby backpack hiking carrier when i

      was older like 3y/o. sadly i was in it on all of our trail walk or zoo trips

      until i was like 10y/o i was a rather small kid so i fit in it forever it

      seemed.

      Ally

      ________________________________

      From: becky deaver <beck0912@...>

      From: zoo35511 <zoo35511@...>

      To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 9:13 PM

      Hi Everyone,

      Thank you for letting me join. We are adopting a 20

      month old from Eastern Europe who has arthrogryposis. We don't  really

      know how severely she is affected. I have enclosed a picture of her.

      will be bringing her home alone, so I wanted to carry her in some kind

      of sling so she would feel secure, but I am not sure if she will be able

      to wrap her legs around me.

      Does anyone have any advice about what to use? Or any other advice about how to

      prepare myself!

      Thank you!

      Catherine

      wronginalltherigthways-travcat.blogspot.com