Re: Head, Sholders, Knees and Toes.. Knees and Toes

  • elizabetheel8
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 22, 2011
      Thank you to everyone that has replied to me! Everything you're writing I can relate to. My pain started young and I was told it was part of growing up. Then, I too, wondered what it was called once I was in my 20's. I'm in my 30's now and I'm wondering what to do or where to go. I've been to Mayo three times, been through their torture procedures, and they never have any help for me at the end. I have ignored the pain and kept tough for my children but now, it is not something I can hide from them any more.
      I am wondering what the nerve block does and if it would help me. I am also going to look into the joint supplement that was suggested.

      Life is indeed what we make of it... my question is how to make it out of the pain in order to have the life I would like to make...

      It is encouraging to know I am Not alone in this struggle. Thank you all so very much!!
    • Michelle
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 23, 2011
        Hey,

        This is what me and my dad take it is a herbal thing http://www.healthylife.net.au/SP_HL_Glucosamine_1500.asp
        I honestly don't know if it helps me (I take quite a few tablets a day aswell) But my dad swears by it and my doctors swear by it. I should mention these people don't have athrogryposis but dad has always (the last 24 years) had really bad ankle pain due t a car accident and he says it really helps and he can feel the difference when he doesn't have it and given we are both on the exact same tablets I would certainly take his word for it. Other than that I have always been told to swim and it makes a huge difference for me... And that is the end of my expertise as I am not much use I am only 22 and although I have alot of pain I have yet to endure the worst I think?

        All the best!
        Michelle