Re: Any experiences with twitching legs?

  • daizyrina
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2010
      Well, I've finally been at my GP's and have had blood tests done.
      It turns out that there's nothing there to explain the twitching legs. My doctor is pretty sure that it's RLS (Restles leg syndrom) and treatment would be medicine that is given over a period of at least two years. It's pretty strong medicin and can have some serious side effects so I'm not entirely sure that I'm going to take the medical treatment - at least not yet - especially since we're working on becoming a family. Pregnantcy and medications don't go well together so..
      But she also reffered me to and orthpeadic surgeon to have my knees examined since they tend to dislocated. In addition she's asked the orthpeadic surgeon to give an oppinion on why my legs twitch and to make sure that the uncontrollabe movements don't hurt/damage my knees and my hip any more than they already are.

      Just thought I'd give you guys an update.
      Still need to see the orthpeadic surgeon if any news comes up there I'll let you know. But as I originally thought RLS-medications apparently are the way to go.

      Have a great weekend

      Helle Karina