Tampons

  • whopinwheels
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2010
      Does anyone have advice for using tampons un-assisted? I am supposed to go camping/rafting this weekend and have a...well...very poorly timed visitor. I have decent dexterity/grip for someone w/ AMC but very limited reach and fairly limited hip mobility. Looking for a solution fast, any ideas are welcome!
    • Patty Clarke
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2010
        Hi there, well the only thing I can think of is using surf boards (pads)
        instead of tarpoons (tampons) But I am not sure if you are able to use pads
        independently? I don't know if there are any such aids available for tampon
        insertion I know there is for suppository insertion perhaps that could be
        used for tarpons (tampons)..do a google search for personal care self help
        independent aids or do a search for tampon insertion adaptations????
        Wording something like that..

        Patty.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2010
          Sorry, I was always able to get one in using the kind that had a cardboard applicator.  Don't even know if they make those now.  I don't have any other suggestions except the obvious - and no doubt unwanted one - pads.  Good luck!
          Becky

          Does anyone have advice for using tampons un-assisted? I am supposed to go camping/rafting this weekend and have a...well...very poorly timed visitor. I have decent dexterity/grip for someone w/ AMC but very limited reach and fairly limited hip mobility. Looking for a solution fast, any ideas are welcome!

        • zhinka aka otter_woman
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2010
            might I suggest using a diva cup instead of a tampon?
            My sister has ok grip and finds them much much easier to insert and remove, the upside is they will not leak thru like a tampon can if you are sitting in damp conditions for awhile like U might be if you get damp on the raft. They also dont have to be messed with as much as a tampon she empties hers in morning and evening but her periods are not super heavy. Downside is that you do have to get used to seeing the actual menstruation fluids in their natural form and not sopped up into a tampon. They also seem to really, really, reduce cramp pains which is a total benefit too.
            I have been using one for over 20 years too, I have tipped uterus and it causes super heavy flow,I found tampons always failed me within an hour or 2,the diva cup lasts me about 6 hours before I need to remove and empty.
            They cost around 35 dollers but they last about 5 years so a huge savings in cost vs tampons and pads and are better for the environment. I got all my best gal pals to try em and they all switched, the darn company should give me a salary for the money i made em in sales :)

            I hope I was not too graphic in my reply? If so I apologize, I work in a vet clinic and what is low key to me is sometimes graphic to others lol.