Re: [Adults AMC] knees

  • Brenda
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2010
      Tracy! I just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you.  Ouch.  I am afraid I don't have any advice about the best way to heal.  I hope you are doing ok.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2010
        Oh Man Tracy the only thing I can suggest is to try a air brace that would
        give it extra support on the ankle that might help....

        Tracy Rae

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11, 2010
          Hi Tracy. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately I have no clue about healing your ankle either. What does the doctor say about the prognosis of your injuries?

          Morne...

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 12, 2010
            Thank you so much for your kindness.  Here's the latest.

            I'm at home and might be going crazy.

            I did get an MRI, but won't get the results till Monday.  A neurologist came to see me while I was in rehab and when I asked if she knew anything about Arthrogryposis, she responded, "I didn't, but I do now!"  while she held up a stack of printed material.  Finally I felt like someone understands me. She assured me that I was right concerning my ankles; and that was not to stand on them. She also told me that I might be looking at about 6 months of not walking on them until the pain will just magically disappear.
            That 6 month pill is a hard pill to swallow, and being in a wheelchair is my worst nightmare come true.  I know it's temporary, but I can't get past the anger.
            This Doctor I'm talking about, Dr. Upchurch, might be a good neurologist to ask questions of.  She is smart and she wants to understand AMC, and it's been many years since I've felt that way of a doctor.

            I'm managing here with my Lily, cat, but the days are long and challenging to maneuver around in...and a little lonely.

            My best,
            Tracy

            As soon as
            tau