knees

  • TRACY ULRICH
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
      Hello everyone.
      Tueday night after class I lost control of my car and ran into a telephone poll. Totaled my car and broke my knee cap and my ankles are screwed up...can't walk on them.  I'm still in the Hospital in the rehab section.  I'm not happy at all.  I don't know what will happen with my schooling now.  Darnit, I can't believe I'm in this situation...again.
      Does anyone know to best way to heal a beat up fused ankle?  They want me to walk with it, but it hurts too bad.  I don't know if that is the best answer.  I think it would be best to let it heal more before applying weight on them.

      Thank you for any solutions you might have.

      tau
      Tracy Ann

    • Brenda
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11 11:55 AM
        Tracy! I just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you.  Ouch.  I am afraid I don't have any advice about the best way to heal.  I hope you are doing ok.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11 12:09 PM
          Oh Man Tracy the only thing I can suggest is to try a air brace that would
          give it extra support on the ankle that might help....

          Tracy Rae

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 11 10:35 PM
            Hi Tracy. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately I have no clue about healing your ankle either. What does the doctor say about the prognosis of your injuries?

            Morne...

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 12 12:38 PM
              Thank you so much for your kindness.  Here's the latest.

              I'm at home and might be going crazy.

              I did get an MRI, but won't get the results till Monday.  A neurologist came to see me while I was in rehab and when I asked if she knew anything about Arthrogryposis, she responded, "I didn't, but I do now!"  while she held up a stack of printed material.  Finally I felt like someone understands me. She assured me that I was right concerning my ankles; and that was not to stand on them. She also told me that I might be looking at about 6 months of not walking on them until the pain will just magically disappear.
              That 6 month pill is a hard pill to swallow, and being in a wheelchair is my worst nightmare come true.  I know it's temporary, but I can't get past the anger.
              This Doctor I'm talking about, Dr. Upchurch, might be a good neurologist to ask questions of.  She is smart and she wants to understand AMC, and it's been many years since I've felt that way of a doctor.

              I'm managing here with my Lily, cat, but the days are long and challenging to maneuver around in...and a little lonely.

              My best,
              Tracy

              As soon as
              tau