carrying sling

  • k m
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 3:00 PM
      We are adopting a child from Ukraine that has AMC. She is 3 and I am wondering about getting her home.  Since strollers wont be a good idea in Ukraine, would I be able to use a sling with her? what kind would be best? I imagine I will need a lot more info and support when she arrives home. Right now we are working on our homestudy so it will be a few months before going to Ukraine.

      Tam
      loveysforyourlove.etsy.com

    • Lisa Shardlow
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30 3:51 AM
        hi, i have AMC and i'm 22 years old. when i was younger i couldn't be put in a carrying sling because my hips were (and still are) dislocated and it would have been too uncomfortable for me. AMC affects people in different ways though, you probably need to find out where and how AMC affects her as to whether she can be put in a carrying sling.

        good luck

        Lisa

        To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
        From: katieostar@...