Im an adult with AMC

  • HEATHER
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009
      Im 46 now and my parents were told I wouldnt live BUT if I did I would never walk, they were told to forget about me and try again!!! Luckily my parents refused to believe them took me home and eventually I did walk. Doctors dont know everything, if one is negative, find another one. My partners brothers wife was on kidney dialasis for years, her doctor said there was no way she would get a new kidney, she was too ill, too this or too that, she really got upset, but her husband refused to accept it and made her get a second opinion, and within 2 weeks she went into hospital for a kidney replacement and shes never been so well. NEVER give up. There are people with AMC in their 60s that I know of, so AMC doesnt reduce life expectancy, but I do think negative thoughts do, so be happy and refuse to believe the negative doctors, as they do get things wrong and most dont even know what AMC is.