Osteoporosis

  • rocks0508
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20, 2009
      I've been recently told I have osteoporosis at the age of 38. My bone density is -3.5. I also have multi mini-core myopathy. Does anyone know if osteoporosis is related to AMC? If so, do they know how fast the bone density goes? Also, does anyone have lesions in the bone marrow?

      Rocks
    • Danny Newell
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 20, 2009
        well i have epilepsy and my epilepsy drugs are causing my bones to get very bad, i've had osteoporosis for abot 18 years now. i am 51 years old now.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 20, 2009
          I have osteoporosis, I was diagnosed with it about 4 or 5 years ago. I am 51 now. I was given fozemax(sp)for it but it gave me such bad heart burn I thought I was having a heartattack. I'm still not taking anything for it, except for extra calcium and other vitamins.

          Nan

          --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "rocks0508" <rocks0508@...> wrote:

          > I've been recently told I have osteoporosis at the age of 38. My bone density is -3.5. I also have multi mini-core myopathy. Does anyone know if osteoporosis is related to AMC? If so, do they know how fast the bone density goes? Also, does anyone have lesions in the bone marrow?
          >
          > Rocks

        • Roxi McCutchan
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 21, 2009
            Do you know what your density is? Is it still deteriating? I am wondering what the outcome is if this is caused by AMC. Is there a chance of slowing it down?

            Roxi

            I have osteoporosis, I was diagnosed with it about 4 or 5 years ago. I am 51 now. I was given fozemax(sp)for it but it gave me such bad heart burn I thought I was having a heartattack. I'm still not taking anything for it, except for extra calcium and other vitamins.

            Nan

            --- In amc_adults@yahoogro ups.com, "rocks0508" <rocks0508@. ..> wrote:

            > I've been recently told I have osteoporosis at the age of 38. My bone density is -3.5. I also have multi mini-core myopathy. Does anyone know if osteoporosis is related to AMC? If so, do they know how fast the bone density goes? Also, does anyone have lesions in the bone marrow?
            >
            > Rocks

          • Danny Newell
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 21, 2009
              since i have epilepsy the epileptic drugs i'm on they have caused my bone density to deteriate. i am on fosamax once a week a take calcium pills twice a day.