Action Alert - Wed Feb 4th

  • whopinwheels
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2009
      American Recovery & Reinvestment Act ACTION!

      WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 4th

      Support the House version of the American Recovery and Re-investment
      Act. Increase funding to Independent Living Centers, and support
      Federal matching for Medicaid.

      **Please spread this action alert to your staff, friends, family,
      consumers, coalition partners, etc. **

      Your U.S. Senators can be found using the following website:

      http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

      Your members of the U.S. House of Representatives can be found using
      the following website.

      http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml#ca

      If you need help on what to say here's something that is short and to
      the point:

      My name is ____and I'm calling from ___county in ___ state. I am
      calling in support of the American Recovery and Re-investment Act,
      S.336. I am specifically interested in the increase for Independent
      Living Center funding and the federal matching amount for Medicaid. We
      prefer the House of Representatives version which has already been passed.

      For more information on disability advocacy and ways to get involved
      please visit the National Council on Independent Living website at
      www.ncil.org