Re: Disabled and a Survivor of Abuse

  • Andrea
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
      --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <mountiangirl32@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > My name is Tracy, and I was born with arthrogryposis, tightening
      up
      > in the muscles and joints... I have gone through 30 surgeries all
      > from the age of one every other year pretty much when i was
      > little... I was also sexually abused by my grandfather... and i
      also
      > have DID/mpd, from the result of all the evasive medical treatment
      > and the abuse...
      >
      > I know there are other survivors out there... but I am feeling
      > especially lonely because i am disabled and everyone else i have
      seen
      > are abled body and normal per say... never met anyone else who
      have
      > been physically handicapped and had been sexually abused... I am
      > really angry at my past and my disability... but i am expected to
      be
      > this good girl so i been stuffing my feelings of hurt and anger
      and
      > dont deal with it... I dont know I am so tired of living like
      > this... i suffer from depression, self injuring and suicidal
      > ideations... although i am stable to the point where i want to
      live
      > now... the abuse ended when i was 14 so i been living like this
      for
      > 20 years... and just so mad at the court system too... but that
      can
      > be another post...
      >
      > well i will end for now and hope i find support here... thanks
      >
      > Tracy

      Hi my name is Andrea. You r not alone i was abused by my soon (as in
      tomorrow July 2) ex husband. I also have AMC. This year will be 3
      years that he broke my wrist. I left him almost 1 year ago, hes done
      alot to me. I was 5 months old when i had my first body cast and 13
      months old when i had my first surgery. I went to Shriners Hospitol
      in ST. Louis, MO. I suffer from depression, & diabeties. I live with
      my now gf. My life is better now.

      well i will end it here

      Andrea
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
        Hi Andrea and Tracy, My names Linda and my daughter Kelly has AMC and was abandoned in Germany by her husband. I don't like even calling him "husband."
        Anyway, she now lives with my husband and I in SC and will be filing for divorce. He left her with only the clothes she could fit in a suitcase and her dog. All of her memories and furniture that she had before the marriage are in Washington State with her can I say....STINKIN EXCUSE OF A HUMAN? I could write a book on what this monster has done to her. Don't give up, things get better in the end and those that have no morals get theirs in the end...Linda