Disabled and a Survivor of Abuse

  • Tracy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      My name is Tracy, and I was born with arthrogryposis, tightening up
      in the muscles and joints... I have gone through 30 surgeries all
      from the age of one every other year pretty much when i was
      little... I was also sexually abused by my grandfather... and i also
      have DID/mpd, from the result of all the evasive medical treatment
      and the abuse...

      I know there are other survivors out there... but I am feeling
      especially lonely because i am disabled and everyone else i have seen
      are abled body and normal per say... never met anyone else who have
      been physically handicapped and had been sexually abused... I am
      really angry at my past and my disability... but i am expected to be
      this good girl so i been stuffing my feelings of hurt and anger and
      dont deal with it... I dont know I am so tired of living like
      this... i suffer from depression, self injuring and suicidal
      ideations... although i am stable to the point where i want to live
      now... the abuse ended when i was 14 so i been living like this for
      20 years... and just so mad at the court system too... but that can
      be another post...

      well i will end for now and hope i find support here... thanks

      Tracy
    • Brenda
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2008
        Hi Tracy.  This is Morne and Brenda.  We are both affected by AMC as well.  We are so sorry to hear about what happened to you.  Just a question, are you in therapy right now?  We hope that you are.  Because it sounds as if you are going through this alone.  Again, we hope not.  We suggest that you speak to someone.  We have not experienced the abuse that you have.  However, we have both found speaking to a counselor very helpful.  We also want you to know that we are here for you as well.  Our email addresses are Beekayn@... and VanWyk.Morne@...Beekayn@... is also my (Brenda) Instant Messanger ID.

        We have had surgeries done too, when we were little.  But not as many as yourself.  I (Brenda) am 31 years old and Morne is 33.  We met in this group and have grown very close.  So friends can be found here.  Morne is from South Africa and he is here visiting me.  I live in the United States, in Utah.

        Just remember you are not alone.   We would love to hear more about you.  Where are you from?

        Morne and Brenda

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
          --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy" <mountiangirl32@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > My name is Tracy, and I was born with arthrogryposis, tightening
          up
          > in the muscles and joints... I have gone through 30 surgeries all
          > from the age of one every other year pretty much when i was
          > little... I was also sexually abused by my grandfather... and i
          also
          > have DID/mpd, from the result of all the evasive medical treatment
          > and the abuse...
          >
          > I know there are other survivors out there... but I am feeling
          > especially lonely because i am disabled and everyone else i have
          seen
          > are abled body and normal per say... never met anyone else who
          have
          > been physically handicapped and had been sexually abused... I am
          > really angry at my past and my disability... but i am expected to
          be
          > this good girl so i been stuffing my feelings of hurt and anger
          and
          > dont deal with it... I dont know I am so tired of living like
          > this... i suffer from depression, self injuring and suicidal
          > ideations... although i am stable to the point where i want to
          live
          > now... the abuse ended when i was 14 so i been living like this
          for
          > 20 years... and just so mad at the court system too... but that
          can
          > be another post...
          >
          > well i will end for now and hope i find support here... thanks
          >
          > Tracy

          Hi my name is Andrea. You r not alone i was abused by my soon (as in
          tomorrow July 2) ex husband. I also have AMC. This year will be 3
          years that he broke my wrist. I left him almost 1 year ago, hes done
          alot to me. I was 5 months old when i had my first body cast and 13
          months old when i had my first surgery. I went to Shriners Hospitol
          in ST. Louis, MO. I suffer from depression, & diabeties. I live with
          my now gf. My life is better now.

          well i will end it here

          Andrea
        • Linda
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2008
            Hi Andrea and Tracy, My names Linda and my daughter Kelly has AMC and was abandoned in Germany by her husband. I don't like even calling him "husband."
            Anyway, she now lives with my husband and I in SC and will be filing for divorce. He left her with only the clothes she could fit in a suitcase and her dog. All of her memories and furniture that she had before the marriage are in Washington State with her can I say....STINKIN EXCUSE OF A HUMAN? I could write a book on what this monster has done to her. Don't give up, things get better in the end and those that have no morals get theirs in the end...Linda