Re: [Adults AMC] re getting older

  • becky deaver
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2008
      Oh boy do I relate to this also!! I'm 55 now and not only have I gotten stiffer, but I've gained weight which makes lots of things more difficult also. My AMC isn't as severe as some others I know post on this group and when I was young I was always able to keep up with those without it. I have realized looking back that even when I was my most active, I bet I expended much more energy doing things than those without AMC. Now I just plain get too tired and sore. Period. And Tracy I think that is what you need to tell your well meaning friends. I still don't have a power wheelchair, but I can't go shopping without my husband to push my regular wheelchair. And yes, I possibly could go into a store and pick up one item or two, but the pain just doesn't make it worth it! My hips, back and knees just make me want to cry when I overdo. So I save my energy and ability to walk short distances for things important to me.
      I think I have idiots for medical doctors, but perhaps that's a topic for another post.
      Becky

      miss_purple1962 <heatherspissedoff@...> wrote: Tracy I can really relate to what youre saying, some days I feel like
      you and if you feel like that I think you should just tell your friends
      and family that its your body and you know whats best for it, you have
      to do it for yourself it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. My only
      advice would be get up occasionally and walk round as if youre like me
      if I sit for too long I get even more stiffer than usual and it takes
      me ages to get going, and I also get pins and needles or cramp,
      although Ive found some bottles of bitter lemon contain quinine and
      that helps stop the cramp.