Re: Strange Things...

  • Amanda
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2008
      My name is Amanda and I'm 28 yrs old and was told the same thing.. I
      would need help.. but to my stubborn attitude.. I too have been
      married for 8 years with 3 girls 8,6,& 3. I work as a 911 dispatcher
      and love it.. I too though feel like the older I'm getting the harder
      I'm having each day to get out of bed and do normal things. My arms
      are also bent in ..I am not allowed to straighten all the way along
      with my legs.. I do normal walking with a little limp but other than
      that... Do you take any medication for your pains.. I was curious I'm
      really considering to start something.. I've heard Celebrex is good to
      use but the heart compications is what scares me.. Let me know would
      be interested to find out what others are taking for this.

      Have a great day.
    • Erica
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2008
        Just recently I was prescribed Darvocet (for pain) and Flexiril (a
        muscle relaxer). They seem to work ok, but I can't take them as often
        as the directions say to because they make me sleepy and give me that
        medicine high...with kids you just can't function like that. On
        Tuesday I go for an epidural steroid injection into my spine....for my
        lower back pain. If that doesn't help enough, the next step is
        surgery. I was having bad pain in my right shoulder and was given a
        cortisode shot. That worked for about 2 months. Everyone keeps
        suggesting physical therapy for my shoulder pain, but they don't seem
        to understand that I get enough of that with just my day-to-day
        housework and baby-lifting. My upper arms, shoulders, and the middle
        of my upper back get so tired and sore these days. A LOT more often
        that just a few years ago. It is so frustating. I'm very tempted to
        get in touch with a doctor or 2 at Shriners and see if I could get a
        consultation with them. I guess time will tell.....

        Message 3 of 6 , May 19, 2008
          Im 42 years old with AMC, I have not had to take any kind of prescription
          meds for pain, thankfully, YET. I keep VERY active & really try to keep my
          weigh at what's best for me. I use BC powdered aspirin for pain. & it has helped
          a lot. I also go to massage therapy every other week & that helps also!
          ~Theresa
          my webpage--> _www.hometown.aol.com/terry2745/index.html_
          (http://www.hometown.aol.com/terry2745/index.html)

          Art Association ~Student Exhibition Coordinator
          Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support, Inc~Vice President
          _www.amcsupport.org_ (http://www.amcsupport.org/)
          BECOME A MEMBER OF AMCSI _www.amcsupport.org/member_
          (http://www.amcsupport.org/member)

          In a message dated 5/15/2008 7:58:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          cabart1@... writes:

          would
          be interested to find out what others are taking for this.

          favorites at AOL Food.

        • becky deaver

            Message 5 of 6 , May 19, 2008
              no, mines not. But my Massage Therapist is also a good friend so that helps!
              Some Ins. Co's are starting to cover them I think. I need to look into that
              more...

              ~Theresa my webpage--> _www.hometown.aol.com/terry2745/index.html_
              (http://www.hometown.aol.com/terry2745/index.html)

              Art Association ~Student Exhibition Coordinator
              Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support, Inc~Vice President
              _www.amcsupport.org_ (http://www.amcsupport.org/)
              BECOME A MEMBER OF AMCSI _www.amcsupport.org/member_
              (http://www.amcsupport.org/member)