Sixth year and still active.

  • who let the dogs out?
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2007
      Sixth year and still active.

      Next january the group intimacy for the disabled will
      be going into its 6th year,and were still as strong
      as when we started on 1/1/03.Like most group on yahoo
      they fad away or taken over with spam and porn sites..

      This group is about support and understand of being
      disabled either from birth or later in life..Yes its
      hard to find someone for a relationship that
      include romance and intimacy..But intimacy is not
      always just about sex..Maybe because you have no
      feeling below the waist you think your life is over
      as far as relationship..There are so many other ways
      to please your partner..remember your brain is your
      biggest organ..

      We deal with the positive aspect in our life and
      not dwell on things we can't do or feel sorry for
      ourselves..Nobody want to be with a person thats
      all the time negitive and using the pity party for
      there ways...Yes we all get down on life and thats
      natural,but 24/7 is not natural...This goes as
      well for the able body person...its not just us
      that have physical disability and differences..

      There very few rules..All I ask is members to have
      some information on there profile and no flaming
      or calling people names on the group..with over 1,700
      members we don't always agree with each other and that
      is alright,but as long as its not a personal attack
      on someone thats on the group..

      I myself was born with spina bifida,in my early
      years I had low self esteem,,mainly because of
      my older siblings that never gave me support,thing
      are not really any better,but I have overcome there
      negitive feeling towards me.Life goes on and no
      matter what life has given you,,,you need to try
      your best to make the best of it...

      Life is easier if you have your self respect for
      yourself..this itself will help in finding friendship
      romance and even intimacy in the physical ways..

      here is the addy to the group..