RE: [Adults AMC] Will Arthrogryposis be passed on to my baby??

  • Jason Hughes
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
      Hi,
      I'm 39 from Wales. I have AMC affecting the elbows. I waited and worried for years about having a child. I found committing very hard in case I let down any woman I was with. I became a social worker and In Feb last year my wife and I, we bit the bullet and decided to give it a go. I was apprehensive and worried and for the first time did a lot of praying (near on begging) for things to be ok. You will worry-and I think you do anyway as an expectant father/mother. People with any family history just have another element to worry about. I worried just as much looking back that my lovely wife would be ok.
      On the 21st this month little Tomos Henry, came into the world. So far so good and all the first tests look fine. The only difference being- now I've spent the first few sleepless nights looking at his little face, if he had any problems we would just get on with it-the same way our parents did. He will be the most loved little boy on the planet and that's what it is about at the end of the day. We will worry for ever,
      Is he too warm, to cold, is he feeding, is he healthy, will he talk, walk make friends at nursery. Will he be ok in school, traffic, adductions, will he be bullied, pass exams go to college, practice safe sex, will he get into fights, what about weapons,will he be safe driving his own car, will he get drunk, will he take drugs, will he get married, will he still like us, have we been good parents. Mate will he have AMC is the least of your worries
      Now at this moment that thought will be the be all and end all, it may drive you to tears. I hope you have had a fairly good childhood-at least now you have a fairly good idea how your own parents worried. You have a wife and if you want kids have them. Like me worry the whole pregnancy, but when they hand you that little parcel at the end-nothing else at all will matter, honestly. Enjoy every single moment.................Hope it helps a little,

      Jason

      To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.comFrom: stridesy@...: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:17:13 +0000Subject: [Adults AMC] Will Arthrogryposis be passed on to my baby??

      Im a 29 year old man, living in England, not much to special about me, but i was born with arthrogryposis multiplex, i got married 2 months ago on a very sunny and hot miami beach. all is lovely and perfect, now we are married however, the question from friends and family has been raised, when are we going to start a family?? well, we want to now, only one issue, will my child have arthrogryposis multiplex, can it be passed on? has it been passed on, has anyone with this condition had a family? i know this sounds so selfish, but i have to know, my wife i should point out, has said it doesnt effect her any way, this is purely for my peace of mind.