Re: [Adults AMC] Need quistions answered

  • Kendall Conrad
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2007
      Here's "my" answers for you.

      1.Does anybody know average life span with AMS..I feel like if our

      limited mobility would not be able to exercise would lead to

      unhealthy lifestyles.. .

      -- I did some checking around on the web, but couldn't find any discussion about lifespan for people with AMC (Like they say, "no news is good news"). My belief is that it does not significantly shorten our lifespan. AMC affects the muscles and joints, and not the organs (generally). Arthritis will likely set in sooner than others though and so we "might" be in more pain than others from that. I'm taking the optimistic route though and not worrying about it.

      2.DO other people hurt everyday they wake up and find it hard to

      move?

      -- I'm only 25 so far, but as of yet I don't have any pain when I wake up or any other time.

      3.What type of meds do you take to help with the pain and make

      things better.

      -- No meds, I don't own any medicine. I prefer alternative treatments, though I'm very healthy so don't even need that.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2007
        1st of all, its AMC not ams.. (arthrogrypoisis multiplex congenita)
        2ndly, i googled arthrogryposis lifespan...& found TONS of pages it basicly
        says "The life span of affected individuals depends on the disease severity
        and associated malformations but is usually normal."

        ~Theresa

        _www.hometown.aol.com/terry2745/index.html_
        (http://www.hometown.aol.com/terry2745/index.html)
        _www.amcsupport.org_ (http://www.amcsupport.org/) amcsupport, Inc Vice