Looking for Rolling Cushion (sorry, long)

  • Dimitra Giannopoulou
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10 2:59 AM
      Hello everybody!

      This is Dimitra from Greece, Melina's mother. As you might remember Melina
      had a second surgery on her left foot. Her doctor placed an Illizarov device
      to straighten the clubfoot. Melina has had her first surgery on both
      clubfeet when she was one year old. At that time she had classic operation
      where the tendom of achilles were lengthened and the bone were placed in
      position. The right foot is ok now but the left had to be operated again.
      Well after 7 years this was nit bad at all.

      She has been walking with the illizarov device since the 3rd week. Small
      distances and within our house. She will be taking it off on Thursday 20th.
      It looks that everything has gone great but it is only time that will prove
      us right.

      Anyway, after the Illizarov is off her doctor said that we need to us a
      "rolling cushion" in her shoe. I am not sure of the word so i will try to
      describe it. We need to insert a pad in the shoe that will exercise the foot
      since the ankle has very limited movement. In the very past when items for
      special people were not that easy to find they use to make it with a roll
      from that soft thing they used before casting, They would place it in the
      middle/arch of the foot (where our feet are curvy). That exercises the foot
      and "obliges" the ankle to move.

      Have you seen something like that but pre-maid so we can buy it? i would
      appreciate links especially with photos so i can show them to our doctor for
      approval. Or even the correct term so i can look it up. Has anyone used it?

      Thank you so much for being here for us.
      Dimitra

    • morne vanWyk