Re: [Adults AMC] New member

  • Beverly R. Hanset-Burch
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 24, 2007
      Hi Lisa. My daughter Bonnie is 3 and has AMC. I am 43 and also have three sons, ages 21, 19 and 17. Yes she was a surprise. A pleasant one but a surprise.
      Bev

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 25, 2007
        hi Bev... awww yeh i bet she was a suprise, i know i was, how is she
        doing?

        Lisa

        --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Beverly R. Hanset-Burch"
        <b.hansetburch@...> wrote:

        > Hi Lisa. My daughter Bonnie is 3 and has AMC. I am 43 and also have
        three sons, ages 21, 19 and 17. Yes she was a surprise. A pleasant
        one but a surprise.
        > Bev

      • Beverly R. Hanset-Burch
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 25, 2007
          She is doing great. We actually knew about her AMC before her birth. So we were prepared. But she came home with a feeding tube and that we were not prepared for.

          If you want, check out my website at myspace.com/beverlyhansetburch

          Go to videos and check out her walking with her walker. But one caveat... she is going downhill. She can do downhill but doesn't have quite enough strength to go on flat ground much less uphill. It will come though.

          <b.hansetburch@...> wrote:

          > Hi Lisa. My daughter Bonnie is 3 and has AMC. I am 43 and also have
          three sons, ages 21, 19 and 17. Yes she was a surprise. A pleasant
          one but a surprise.
          > Bev

        • Lisa
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 25, 2007
            awww she is too cute :)

            can i ask why she has the feeding tube?

            you can check out my myspace too if you want, it's
            www.myspace.com/lisa86_18 there are some freaky pictures of me and my
            sister on there hehe, add me too if you like.

            <b.hansetburch@...> wrote:

            > She is doing great. We actually knew about her AMC before her
            birth. So we were prepared. But she came home with a feeding tube and
            that we were not prepared for.

            > If you want, check out my website at myspace.com/beverlyhansetburch
            >
            > Go to videos and check out her walking with her walker. But one
            caveat... she is going downhill. She can do downhill but doesn't have
            quite enough strength to go on flat ground much less uphill. It will
            come though.

          • Beverly R. Hanset-Burch
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 25, 2007
              I'd love to add you.

              She was born with severe micrognathia(small jaw). One surgeon wanted to break her jaw and pull it out but I said no as others also agreed her tongue would correct her jaw, and it has. When they put the tube in she almost died so she doesn't do well with anesthesia so we are avoiding surgery. See her feet? All with massage and then a heel cord clip. I still massage them but they are not even thinking about turning back.

              I have two uteri and she was in both. So she couldn't move much. So hers is a positional form of AMC so _in theory_ her joints won't go back. I always wonder though as her left hand isn't quite 'correct' and the one bone feels like it is in the wrong place, but oh well. She uses it pretty well.

              In theory she'll eat orally. Her face muscles are still weak, her TMJ(jaw) joint is still a little tight. She drools a lot as she is used to hanging her mouth open as that is how she had to breathe originally. She likes to try to eat, especially if other kids are eating. Like at Vacation Bible School. During snacks she tried so hard. Some kids get an oral aversion but not her.

              You can ask me anything. I am a pretty open book!
              Bev.

              <b.hansetburch@...> wrote:

              > She is doing great. We actually knew about her AMC before her
              birth. So we were prepared. But she came home with a feeding tube and
              that we were not prepared for.

              > If you want, check out my website at myspace.com/beverlyhansetburch
              >
              > Go to videos and check out her walking with her walker. But one
              caveat... she is going downhill. She can do downhill but doesn't have
              quite enough strength to go on flat ground much less uphill. It will
              come though.

            • Kenzie Harrison
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 19, 2007
                Hi Lisa,
                I am Kenzie, I am 18, and I live in the US. I cannot stand upright or walk on my own either. I can walk with crutches but I am bent over really far. My right side is weaker than my left but I am still right handed. I don't have msn though but would still like to talk. :)

                Kenzie (*

              • Lisa
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 20, 2007
                  hey Kenzie... how are you?

                  i also have aim and yahoo if either of those are better for you :)

                  aim: Lgalaxyfreak
                  yahoo: final_destination_890

                  let me know which you use so i know which to be signed in to.

                  Lisa :)

                  --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Kenzie Harrison <kenz_1988@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hi Lisa,
                  > I am Kenzie, I am 18, and I live in the US. I cannot stand
                  upright or walk on my own either. I can walk with crutches but I am
                  bent over really far. My right side is weaker than my left but I am
                  still right handed. I don't have msn though but would still like to
                  talk. :)

                  > Kenzie (*

                • Kenzie Harrison
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 20, 2007
                    I am doing good today was my first day of college so it was pretty exciting.
                    I use yahoo but I am switching to a new computer and I just started setting things up so right now it doesn't have messenger.