AMC Chat & 2007 Convention Updates

  • Ani
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2007
      Hello Yahoo Members!!!

      We would like to invite everyone to our monthly AMC Chat being held
      tonight at 8pm EST.

      Please join us for this wonderful time to share stories, ideas and
      ask questions. You must have the latest java(www.java.com) program
      in order for chat to work. You do NOT have to be a member of
      AMCSupport to join our chat.

      Members - please use your member name to login.
      Non-members please use your first name to join our chat.

      http://www.amcsupport.org/chat

      2007 AMCSupport Convention - Texas

      Reservations at the hotel must be made no later then June 12 to
      receive the AMCSupport discounted group rate - please email
      texas@... for more information.

      Pre-orders for the 2007 Convention T-shirts can be made at
      http://www.amcsupport.org/texastshirt.htm

      AMCSupport Awareness Wristbands are also available for purchase at
      http://www.amcsupport.org

      Thank you to all those who have donated to make this event
      possible!!
      A Special Thank you to the families that donated the Text Atlas book -
      our families will enjoy being able to read this book at our
      convention and two families (names drawn at random) will be able to
      take the book home with them.

      Countdown to the Convention - 1 month 5 days!! Yeee Haw!!!
      With a condition so rare that only one in 3000 babies born have this
      muscular disorder it's easy to comprehend how alienated anyone with
      Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita (AMC) must feel. Through the hard
      work of one mother's vision and an army of members, the AMC Support
      Group has helped bridge the gap with the power of the internet. It is
      not only the group's mission to provide and encourage a greater
      understanding and awareness of this condition, but also to provide a
      support system. To help those that have felt all their lives an
      outcast or alone, meet others who have lived that same life, to meet
      other families who have the same concerns and to provide a resource
      of information.
      But meeting on-line is not enough. It's hard to explain to a mom
      exactly how another mom has taught her child to sit up without the
      use of his arms, or how one child learned to stand. What so many
      people take for granted: the ease of walking, typing, eating and
      breathing those with AMC have had to struggle to adapt to this world.
      Our conventions solidify that bridge and strengthen the bond of our
      AMC family. Once a year we come together, charge NO admission fee,
      bring professionals, doctors, physical therapists, occupational
      therapists, provide workshops and invite people throughout the
      country to learn, share, laugh, cry and grow.

      Our Mission
      To provide and encourage more understanding and mutual support among
      anyone affected with the diagnosis of Arthrogryposis Multiplex
      Congenita (AMC). To create a higher standard of AMC awareness by
      means of Conventions, Meetings, and Studies.

      Our Vision
      To provide educational material to new parents, or soon-to-be parents
      regarding the diagnosis of Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita (AMC).

      To provide a resource of information to the medical field to include
      but not limited to occupational therapists, physical therapists to
      assist them in the treatment of a child or person with the diagnosis
      of AMC.

      Join our AMC Family Today:
      http://www.amcsupport.org/forums/profile.php?mode=register

      The Board of Directors (BOD):
      Ani S. Vinson, Founder ani@...
      Rosalinda, President louiesmom@...
      Theresa, Vice-President terry2745@...
      Jennifer, Treasurer-Secretary jenilee@...
      Wendy, Member-at-large wendy@...
      Michele, Member-at-large micheles@...
      Donna, Member-at-large hgpintexas@...
      For BOD info & our (501c3) Non-Profit Status visit -
      http://www.amcsupport.org/bod.htm