Re:I need more info

  • Denise
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      Sometimes the pain is from the cartilage around the joint wearing out. If you have a limp, I would have them check your spine for changes in the lower discs. My sacroiliac nerve gets pinched and the pain in intolerable. I have passed out from the pain and pinched nerve. I have had to revert back to crutches to keep the pressure off the spine. I also took cortisone shots which helped and physical therapy using heat, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and deep tissue massage. Sometimes it is a "post Polio" type symptom pain. This is where the pain has no exact cause. It is not all in you head. It HURTS. Maybe a nerve scan can provide a clue as to where there is a problem. It seems that a lot of us get this type of pain in our 30's ans 40's

      Denise
      Dogs are not our whole life,
      But they make our lives whole.

    • DANIEL S

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2007
          --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "ashtweed_sweet_designz"
          <ashtweed_sweet_designz@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I was born w/ AMC, and I never had diffuculties w/ pain until now. I
          > have a lot of pain in my left hip all the way down to my foot.
          > Sometimes, it's so bad that I can't even walk. I only know a little
          > about AMC by my mom, doctors, and the internet, but I want more.
          > Well, please get back at me with a least a little advice. Thank You,
          > and have a great night.
          >
          > Sincerly,
          >
          > Ashley

          Hi Ashley,

          I have AMC, all 4 limbs affected. I had a similar pain as you describe
          here. I lived with it for months before going to my Dr. and it turned
          out I had a synovial cyst from arthritis and shifting of my vertibre
          (from my limp). I had back surgery in April and I feel like a new
          woman! Sometimes with AMC we put off going to a Dr. due to the poor
          attitude we are met with. My Dr. fought me tooth and nail.. said it's
          just "part of my AMC" and he could send me to physical therapy if
          I "wanted"... but I'd "Just have to live with it."

          I pushed for an MRI and well... sometimes they are wrong! Listen to
          your body and don't let anyone dismiss your symptoms.

          I am now working on making my abdominal muscles stronger to keep things
          at their best.

          Good luck to you.
          Smiles,
          kathleen