Re: [Adults AMC] Re: Just saying "Hi"

  • Beverly Hanset-Burch
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      As a parent, I am wondering how much pain, when it started, and how often, dull ache or sharp stabbing....
      just because or exercise induced....
      Bev
      Bonnie is 3 with AMC
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007
        When I was about 5 my knees would hurt terribly and my mom would warm up towels as
        hot as I could stand and wrap each knee and it seemed to help quite a bit. Hot tubs are
        wonderful and warm baths are a close second. The pain eased off for most of my teen
        years but as soon as I was in my late 20's the pain became constant. I hurt all the time. I
        feel stiff and sore. Sometime it hurts so bad all I can do is cry and other times I can barely
        notice it. You have to have a strong character to have arthrogryposis. My advice is not to
        coddle your little one because of the disability. They are just kids, treat them like it and
        they will be very resourceful and figure a way through all of their issues. But moms, keep
        the heat coming, it is the best rain reliever.
        It will be ok . . .