Shoulder surgery

  • Adrienne
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2007
      Hey everyone,
      My name is Adrienne I'm 27 years old and have AMC. Recently my
      doctor refered me to a sports med. guy who on my first visit there
      gave me cortizone shots in both shoulders and told me if they didn't
      work he would need to operate. Sadly the shots did not give me any
      relief, so I prepared my self for my follow up visit for the bad/good
      news of maybe some releif through surgery but he told me there was
      nothing he could do and said he researched the operation and found
      that no one with AMC ever benifited from it. So I was wondering if any
      of you have had shoulder surgery and if it did help? The doctor also
      strongly suggested that I start PT and this may help but I only had PT
      as a child and am a little nervous to go. So I was also wondering if
      anyone goes to PT and if it has made things better for you? Thank you
      so much for any advice you may have.
      ~Adrienne~
    • Amanda Hall
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2007
        Hi Adrienne,
        I haven't had surgery, but I have had PT. It never did
        anything for me. All they could do is show me
        stretches and such. It always made my Arthrogryposis
        act up. Anytime anybody messes with my muscles I end
        up in worser shape than what I started, but thats just
        me. If your not that sensitive it may help you. That
        is just from my experiences. I wish you good luck no
        matter what your decision.
        Mandi

        http://mail.yahoo.com