[Adults AMC] JAW PROBLEMS

  • Amanda Hall
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 4, 2006
      Hello Everyone,
      Is there anyone with AMC that have had facial
      problems. I've been having very bad pain in my jaw. It
      hurts really bad. It wakes me up hurting every three
      hours. I've been to the dentist to make sure that it
      wasn't my teeth. He said everything looks normal. I
      don't have any cavities or anything like that. Just
      wondering has anyone else had this problem? Could it
      be TMJ or AMC? Any replies welcome.
      Thanks,
      Mandi

      AMANDA LYNN HALL
      "There is nothing in the Dark
      that isn't in the Light"

      Cheap talk?
      http://voice.yahoo.com
    • Kim
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 5, 2006
        Mandi,

        I'm 31 and have had jaw pain off and on since I was 16. I also have
        really weak jaw muscles, and I attribute all of it to AMC. Dentists
        say my symptoms are in alignment with TMJ but likely AMC related. I
        can't open my mouth as far as most people can -- fat burgers or really
        tall sandwiches are a nightmare for me. I also find it difficult to
        bite into really tough or chewy foods.

        I've tried night splints for my mouth to keep me from grinding my
        teeth in my sleep, but they don't really help the jaw pain. I've
        gotten the most success from seeing a chiropractor for it, by
        massaging the jaw muscles and by doing jaw exercises. For me, I find
        that the pain comes and goes, but it's certainly not pleasant. Let me
        know if you have any other questions -- I've been dealing with this
        for years.

        Kim

        --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Hall <amanda_lynn_hall@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        > Is there anyone with AMC that have had facial
        > problems. I've been having very bad pain in my jaw. It
        > hurts really bad. It wakes me up hurting every three
        > hours. I've been to the dentist to make sure that it
        > wasn't my teeth. He said everything looks normal. I
        > don't have any cavities or anything like that. Just
        > wondering has anyone else had this problem? Could it
        > be TMJ or AMC? Any replies welcome.
        > Thanks,
        > Mandi
        >
        > AMANDA LYNN HALL
        > "There is nothing in the Dark
        > that isn't in the Light"

        > Cheap talk?
        > http://voice.yahoo.com

      • Wendy Hiatt
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 10, 2006
          Hi, my name is Wendy. I am 31 and have been noticing minor jaw pain in the
          last couple of years. I was born with Arthrogryposis. I never had problems
          when I was a kid. I am finding I have worse problems when I have to go to
          the dentist. Any suggestions, my insurance doesn't cover a chiropractor.

          >From: "Kim" <kimdawnrut@...>
          >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
          >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:47:25 -0000
          >
          >Mandi,
          >
          >I'm 31 and have had jaw pain off and on since I was 16. I also have
          >really weak jaw muscles, and I attribute all of it to AMC. Dentists
          >say my symptoms are in alignment with TMJ but likely AMC related. I
          >can't open my mouth as far as most people can -- fat burgers or really
          >tall sandwiches are a nightmare for me. I also find it difficult to
          >bite into really tough or chewy foods.
          >
          >I've tried night splints for my mouth to keep me from grinding my
          >teeth in my sleep, but they don't really help the jaw pain. I've
          >gotten the most success from seeing a chiropractor for it, by
          >massaging the jaw muscles and by doing jaw exercises. For me, I find
          >that the pain comes and goes, but it's certainly not pleasant. Let me
          >know if you have any other questions -- I've been dealing with this
          >for years.
          >
          >Kim
          >
          >--- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Hall <amanda_lynn_hall@...>
          >wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Everyone,
          > > Is there anyone with AMC that have had facial
          > > problems. I've been having very bad pain in my jaw. It
          > > hurts really bad. It wakes me up hurting every three
          > > hours. I've been to the dentist to make sure that it
          > > wasn't my teeth. He said everything looks normal. I
          > > don't have any cavities or anything like that. Just
          > > wondering has anyone else had this problem? Could it
          > > be TMJ or AMC? Any replies welcome.
          > > Thanks,
          > > Mandi
          > >
          > > AMANDA LYNN HALL
          > > "There is nothing in the Dark
          > > that isn't in the Light"

          > > Cheap talk?
          > > Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.
          > > http://voice.yahoo.com

          friends module.
        • Kim
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 13, 2006
            I suggest massaging the jaw muscles, avoiding chewing gum or eating
            things that might strain the muscles in the jaw, and taking
            anti-inflamatories if the pain gets bad enough. You also might want to
            talk to your dentist about fitting you for a night guard, which would
            prevent you from clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth in your
            sleep. Both things often cause TMJ-like problems.

            Kim

            --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy Hiatt" <WendyHiatt75@...> wrote:

            > Hi, my name is Wendy. I am 31 and have been noticing minor jaw pain
            in the
            > last couple of years. I was born with Arthrogryposis. I never had
            problems
            > when I was a kid. I am finding I have worse problems when I have to
            go to
            > the dentist. Any suggestions, my insurance doesn't cover a
            chiropractor.

            > >From: "Kim" <kimdawnrut@...>
            > >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
            > >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:47:25 -0000
            > >
            > >Mandi,
            > >
            > >I'm 31 and have had jaw pain off and on since I was 16. I also have
            > >really weak jaw muscles, and I attribute all of it to AMC. Dentists
            > >say my symptoms are in alignment with TMJ but likely AMC related. I
            > >can't open my mouth as far as most people can -- fat burgers or really
            > >tall sandwiches are a nightmare for me. I also find it difficult to
            > >bite into really tough or chewy foods.
            > >
            > >I've tried night splints for my mouth to keep me from grinding my
            > >teeth in my sleep, but they don't really help the jaw pain. I've
            > >gotten the most success from seeing a chiropractor for it, by
            > >massaging the jaw muscles and by doing jaw exercises. For me, I find
            > >that the pain comes and goes, but it's certainly not pleasant. Let me
            > >know if you have any other questions -- I've been dealing with this
            > >for years.
            > >
            > >Kim
            > >
            > >--- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Hall <amanda_lynn_hall@>
            > >wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello Everyone,
            > > > Is there anyone with AMC that have had facial
            > > > problems. I've been having very bad pain in my jaw. It
            > > > hurts really bad. It wakes me up hurting every three
            > > > hours. I've been to the dentist to make sure that it
            > > > wasn't my teeth. He said everything looks normal. I
            > > > don't have any cavities or anything like that. Just
            > > > wondering has anyone else had this problem? Could it
            > > > be TMJ or AMC? Any replies welcome.
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Mandi
            > > >
            > > > AMANDA LYNN HALL
            > > > "There is nothing in the Dark
            > > > that isn't in the Light"

            > > > Cheap talk?
            > > > Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.
            > > > http://voice.yahoo.com

            > Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces
            > friends module.

          • Wendy Hiatt
            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 13, 2006
              Thanx Kim. At least that gives me a little hope. I can handle large
              amounts of pain. But when it comes to pain in my jaw, I'm a BIG baby!
              Thanx again!

              Wendy

              >From: "Kim" <kimdawnrut@...>
              >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
              >Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 02:06:40 -0000
              >
              >I suggest massaging the jaw muscles, avoiding chewing gum or eating
              >things that might strain the muscles in the jaw, and taking
              >anti-inflamatories if the pain gets bad enough. You also might want to
              >talk to your dentist about fitting you for a night guard, which would
              >prevent you from clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth in your
              >sleep. Both things often cause TMJ-like problems.
              >
              >Kim
              >
              >--- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy Hiatt" <WendyHiatt75@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi, my name is Wendy. I am 31 and have been noticing minor jaw pain
              >in the
              > > last couple of years. I was born with Arthrogryposis. I never had
              >problems
              > > when I was a kid. I am finding I have worse problems when I have to
              >go to
              > > the dentist. Any suggestions, my insurance doesn't cover a
              >chiropractor.
              > >

              > > >From: "Kim" <kimdawnrut@...>
              > > >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
              > > >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:47:25 -0000
              > > >
              > > >Mandi,
              > > >
              > > >I'm 31 and have had jaw pain off and on since I was 16. I also have
              > > >really weak jaw muscles, and I attribute all of it to AMC. Dentists
              > > >say my symptoms are in alignment with TMJ but likely AMC related. I
              > > >can't open my mouth as far as most people can -- fat burgers or really
              > > >tall sandwiches are a nightmare for me. I also find it difficult to
              > > >bite into really tough or chewy foods.
              > > >
              > > >I've tried night splints for my mouth to keep me from grinding my
              > > >teeth in my sleep, but they don't really help the jaw pain. I've
              > > >gotten the most success from seeing a chiropractor for it, by
              > > >massaging the jaw muscles and by doing jaw exercises. For me, I find
              > > >that the pain comes and goes, but it's certainly not pleasant. Let me
              > > >know if you have any other questions -- I've been dealing with this
              > > >for years.
              > > >
              > > >Kim
              > > >
              > > >--- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Hall <amanda_lynn_hall@>

              > >____________________________________________________________________________________

              > > Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces
              > > friends module.
              > >
              >http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk

              Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
              cash from MSN today!
              http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us
            • Amanda Wannamaker
              Message 6 of 25 , Dec 14, 2006
                hi i am amanda
                i have artrogryposis. i start having jaw problems after i had my wisdom teeth removed. i think it was they foce my mouth open, because Ican't open my mouth as far as most people can.and i take pain killers for my pain.
                amanda wannamaker
                pandabear_acw@...

                I suggest massaging the jaw muscles, avoiding chewing gum or eating
                things that might strain the muscles in the jaw, and taking
                anti-inflamatories if the pain gets bad enough. You also might want to
                talk to your dentist about fitting you for a night guard, which would
                prevent you from clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth in your
                sleep. Both things often cause TMJ-like problems.

                Kim

                --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy Hiatt" <WendyHiatt75@...> wrote:

                > Hi, my name is Wendy. I am 31 and have been noticing minor jaw pain
                in the
                > last couple of years. I was born with Arthrogryposis. I never had
                problems
                > when I was a kid. I am finding I have worse problems when I have to
                go to
                > the dentist. Any suggestions, my insurance doesn't cover a
                chiropractor.

                > >From: "Kim" <kimdawnrut@...>
                > >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
                > >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 23:47:25 -0000
                > >
                > >Mandi,
                > >
                > >I'm 31 and have had jaw pain off and on since I was 16. I also have
                > >really weak jaw muscles, and I attribute all of it to AMC. Dentists
                > >say my symptoms are in alignment with TMJ but likely AMC related. I
                > >can't open my mouth as far as most people can -- fat burgers or really
                > >tall sandwiches are a nightmare for me. I also find it difficult to
                > >bite into really tough or chewy foods.
                > >
                > >I've tried night splints for my mouth to keep me from grinding my
                > >teeth in my sleep, but they don't really help the jaw pain. I've
                > >gotten the most success from seeing a chiropractor for it, by
                > >massaging the jaw muscles and by doing jaw exercises. For me, I find
                > >that the pain comes and goes, but it's certainly not pleasant. Let me
                > >know if you have any other questions -- I've been dealing with this
                > >for years.
                > >
                > >Kim
                > >
                > >--- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Hall <amanda_lynn_hall@>
                > >wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello Everyone,
                > > > Is there anyone with AMC that have had facial
                > > > problems. I've been having very bad pain in my jaw. It
                > > > hurts really bad. It wakes me up hurting every three
                > > > hours. I've been to the dentist to make sure that it
                > > > wasn't my teeth. He said everything looks normal. I
                > > > don't have any cavities or anything like that. Just
                > > > wondering has anyone else had this problem? Could it
                > > > be TMJ or AMC? Any replies welcome.
                > > > Thanks,
                > > > Mandi
                > > >
                > > > AMANDA LYNN HALL
                > > > "There is nothing in the Dark
                > > > that isn't in the Light"

                > > > Cheap talk?
                > > > Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.
                > > > http://voice.yahoo.com

                > Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces
                > friends module.

              • Wendy Hiatt
                Message 7 of 25 , Dec 18, 2006
                  HI, It's Wendy again commenting on the RE: Jaw Problems. I totally forgot
                  about my Wisdom teeth. I have been dealing with Wisdom teeth for the past 2
                  1/2 years. I also have a very small mouth. COuld this be part of
                  Arthrogryposis?

                  >From: Amanda Wannamaker <pandabear_acw@...>
                  >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
                  >CC: pandabear_acw@...
                  >Subject: Re: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
                  >Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:57:28 -0700
                  >
                  >hi i am amanda
                  >i have artrogryposis. i start having jaw problems after i had my wisdom
                  >teeth removed. i think it was they foce my mouth open, because Ican't
                  >open my mouth as far as most people can.and i take pain killers for my
                  >pain.
                  >amanda wannamaker
                  >pandabear_acw@...

                  Type your favorite song.� Get a customized station.� Try MSN Radio powered
                  by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001
                • Kim
                  Message 8 of 25 , Dec 19, 2006
                    I didn't start having jaw problems until a few years after all my
                    wisdom teeth were removed. I, too, have a very small mouth, but I'm
                    not sure if that directly relates to the jaw pain except for when I
                    try to eat something that stretches my small mouth.

                    Message 9 of 25 , Dec 20, 2006
                      I'm also starting to grind my teeth at night. I never used to do that.
                      Maybe it is something I should chat with my dentist about the next time I go
                      in. Thanx for all your imput!

                      Wendy

                      >From: "Kim" <kimdawnrut@...>
                      >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
                      >Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:32:48 -0000
                      >
                      >I didn't start having jaw problems until a few years after all my
                      >wisdom teeth were removed. I, too, have a very small mouth, but I'm
                      >not sure if that directly relates to the jaw pain except for when I
                      >try to eat something that stretches my small mouth.
                      >
                      >Kim
                      >
                      >--- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Wendy Hiatt" <WendyHiatt75@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > HI, It's Wendy again commenting on the RE: Jaw Problems. I totally
                      >forgot
                      > > about my Wisdom teeth. I have been dealing with Wisdom teeth for
                      >the past 2
                      > > 1/2 years. I also have a very small mouth. COuld this be part of
                      > > Arthrogryposis?
                      > >

                      > > >From: Amanda Wannamaker <pandabear_acw@...>
                      > > >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
                      > > >CC: pandabear_acw@...
                      > > >Subject: Re: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
                      > > >Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:57:28 -0700
                      > > >
                      > > >hi i am amanda
                      > > >i have artrogryposis. i start having jaw problems after i had my
                      >wisdom
                      > > >teeth removed. i think it was they foce my mouth open, because
                      >Ican't
                      > > >open my mouth as far as most people can.and i take pain killers for my
                      > > >pain.
                      > > >amanda wannamaker
                      > > >pandabear_acw@...

                      Get free, personalized online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora
                      http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001
                    • janet cresswell
                      Message 10 of 25 , Dec 21, 2006
                        HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
                        LOVE FROM JANET UK
                        KEEP IN TOUCH

                        janetandian@...
                        janetbluecresswell@...

                        Message 11 of 25 , Dec 23, 2006
                          Have a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
                          Luv,
                          Wendy H.

                          >From: "janet cresswell" <janetandian@...>
                          >To: <amc_adults@yahoogroups.com>
                          >Subject: RE: [Adults AMC] Re: JAW PROBLEMS
                          >Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:44:25 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
                          >
                          >HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
                          >LOVE FROM JANET UK
                          >KEEP IN TOUCH
                          >

                          >janetandian@...
                          > janetbluecresswell@...

                          Experience the magic of the holidays. Talk to Santa on Messenger.
                          http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/santabot/default.aspx?locale=en-us
                        • Casey Jones
                          Message 12 of 25 , Dec 28, 2006
                            I have never experienced any jaw pain but ever since I was young my jaw has popped. It doesn't hurt but it does it constantly. I don't know if it's AMC related or not. I'm thinking it has to be since I have no other medical conditions whatsoever.

                            Does anyone else have this problem? Now that someone has mentioned a chiropractor I'll look into that which will be pretty convienient for me since my boyfriend is a chiro! :-)

                            Regards,
                            Ms. Casey L. Jones
                            CLJ Design
                            casey@...

                            http://www.cljdesign.com

                            Casey Leeann Jones
                            Independent Beauty Consultant
                            Cell: (713) 516-0171
                            Home: (281) 448-2426
                            caseybelle@...
                            www.marykay.com/caseybelle

                          • Amanda Hall
                            Message 13 of 25 , Dec 28, 2006
                              Hi all,
                              I am still having extremely painful jaw problems. I
                              have been to the dentist and an oral specialist. They
                              are sending me to a facial surgeon. They think it has
                              something to do with the joints and muscles in my
                              face. They aren't ruling out that its the
                              arthrogryposis. I've been hurting so bad that they
                              told me if the pain isn't gotten under control that I
                              may have a stroke. They told me that my teeth look
                              fine and no signs of tmj. I will let you all know what
                              I find out after I see the surgeon. Please keep me in
                              your prayers.
                              Thanks,
                              Mandi

                              AMANDA LYNN HALL