Re: [Adults AMC] Re: Hello Again Everyone

  • Leisa
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2006
      Thank you Kathleen. That really means alot to me. May God bless you exceedingly in every area of your life.

      Hugs,
      Lisa

      Kathleen <katebythesea@...> wrote:
      Hello Lisa

      Welcome back..

      I hope your recovery continues. Your strength is a light which
      shines on all of us. May your beams shine long and far.

      Smiles,
      Kathleen

      --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Leisa <leisa_j88@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I wanted to take a moment to say hello to you all again...it
      has been 3 yrs since I have been well enough to post to group or
      even use the computer. I am looking forward to "chatting" with you
      all again, also, I am very much looking forward to meeting those of
      you who have joined in the past few yrs. So, I would like to
      introduce myself to those of you I have not had the pleasure of
      meeting.

      > Before, when I was active in the group my name was...& still
      is spelled Lisa. I am a Christian; I'm 39 yrs old & I live in
      Alabama; My husband, George & I have been married 19 yrs, & we have
      a wonderful son, Allen who has just turned 18.

      > My AMC is moderate to severe. My surgeries began when I was 5
      weeks old, & they continued every 6 - 8 mos. until I was 12 yrs old.
      I am affected in both feet & legs (my knees just slightly bend);
      also both arms & hands (both elbows only slightly bend, & my hands
      are bent); my Central Nervous System is affected a little; &
      finally, my spine is affected to a point that I must be on pain
      medication, however, my spine does not look as if I have anything
      wrong with it. I began walking on full-length leg braces when I was
      5 yrs old, & I was able to walk up until 10 yrs ago. My doc's said I
      would never walk but, I guess the Lord showed them.

      > Like I was saying earlier, I have had health problems for the
      past few yrs, but my problems had nothing to do with my amc. I have
      had 4 surgeries in 3 yrs. So, I guess I am just now beginning to get
      my strength back, however, I still have a long way to go.

      > I am so very happy to be back among you, & please feel free
      to email me anytime. God bless you all.