Physiotherapy

  • cavy2fast4u
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 11 9:03 AM
      My daughter Alexus was told that she might be able to walk if she had
      a surgery done to her hips and knees, but she would be in a stand up
      position for a while and that bothers me for several reasons. So today
      I went to a site and found a topic called Physiotherapy. I wanted to
      know if anyone had any information on this topic. If so I would love
      to hear what you have to say no matter what it is.
      Thanks Krystal and Brandon Cleary
    • Tiffany Holmlund

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 11 8:25 PM
          Thank you so much for taking the time to write us back. The surgery is coming up soon, well she was supposed to have back last Jan. but I was to scared to go through with it, but everyone is telling me that had it done was happy they did. So comments like yours is really a big help on pushing us to get it done. If you have anymore information on how the recovery went or tips on anything else it would really help. Once again Thank you!

          Krystal, Brandon, and Lexi

          Tiffany Holmlund <tiny292796@...> wrote: I had the surgery you are reffering to and was in the stand up position for over a year, but about 5 months later I did take my first steps. It took me almost 2 years of having my brother working with me before I walked with no help. I still walk but cannot walk very long. I've never heard of the topic you are talking about sorry. but she will be fine with the surgery I actually thought it was fun because I was standing more, I felt normal for once. TIFFANY L MCCLAIN-HOLMLUND

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13 1:59 PM
              My daugter Lexi just turned 2 years old back in April. I am only 19 years old and her father is 21. and us being so young we really dont know how to handle things besides listning to doctors and therapist, and sometimes I dont know if they are right. They said when she was first born that she would never walk but in my heart I know she will because I am going to do whatever it takes. And reading what you wrote made me feel that everything is going to be ok during and after the surgery. Also her arms were affected I was wondering if you knew any thing besides splints to help build muscle. or any kind of activity you enjoy to get her to use her arms more she wants to move objects with her feet by pushing them while she scoots on the floor but after the surgery she will be unable to do that because of the body cast. So if you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks for taking the time to talk and help us.
              Krystal, Brandon and Lexi

              Tiffany Holmlund <tiny292796@...> wrote: I was in pain for about a month off and on but I recovered pretty fast. She might get very frustrated because she can't do as much but other then that she should do fine. May I ask how old she is? and make sure to take things for her to do. It is very hard to watch someone go through that type of pain but it should be well worth it. My mom hated every minute of it but 23 years later I'm still walking. You will be fine just relax and breath and let her have it done. I am not trying to say anything bad but I missed out on a couple of surgery's that would of helped me because my mom was to scared and some of the doctors to. Thanks for listening.

[...]

            • feistyazdgrl20
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 13 8:01 PM
                hey young mom! i am 23 & AMC affects ALL limbs. I do drive & lead
                a VERY independant life! She has 100% HOPE! Dr's told mom i'd
                NEVER walk, feed myself, etc BUT i did! I was lil late walking
                though @ age 2 but i did it! Do not trust ALL doctors! they will
                try to do every surgery possibile to her. use your GUT instinct!
                sometimes EVERY surgery isn't for the best (like thumb
                releases...wasted my time & i have a scar for NO reason!)
                Anymore ?'s IM me on yahoo/aim... FEISTYAZDGRL20 :-)

                --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, krystal andrews <alexus4ever@...>