Hi I am from Mexico City

  • Ricardo I Gutiérrez
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
      Hello everyone!!!

      I am from Mexico, sorry if my english is not well!!!

      My niece has AMC, she is 7 years old.

      In Mexico exists a asociation called TELETON, there help people with
      disabilities, they offer therapies and psychological helps.

      I guees to share experiencies and new therapies can help her.

      Actually, she swwiming and go to TELETON two days per week, and she
      is very happy, We are trying that she lives her live normally, and we
      belong a litle group in Yahoo Mexico called ARTROGRIPOSISMEXICO, but
      unfortunatelly just has 3 members, I will so happy if somebody can
      subscribe to the group and we can see that we are not alone in this
      sick.

      Thanks for your time and I hope you are fine!!!

      Regards
    • AMC
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
        Hi Ricardo

        Thank you so much for your email. My co-worker is from Mexico City, he was born and raised there. He was telling me all about all the fund raising they do for Teleton. Very interesting. He is one of our Spanish Tutors. Do not worry about your english, you can always write in spanish. I took a spanish class and did not do well. I have people who can interpret for me. If you have a website that could help others to learn more about this association it would be greatly appreciative. I did look it up and found this website: http://www.banamex.com.mx/eng/grupo/eventos/teleton/index.html

        Most of my surgeries were done in El Paso, Texas. The doctors were from Mexico. That was many years ago. At least this is what I was told by my parents. I also looked up ARTROGRIPOSISMEXICO on yahoo and could not find it. Could you send me the site address on that also. Thanks again.

        Mandy

        Ricardo I Gutiérrez <ricardo.gutierrez@...> wrote:
        Hello everyone!!!

        I am from Mexico, sorry if my english is not well!!!

        My niece has AMC, she is 7 years old.

        In Mexico exists a asociation called TELETON, there help people with
        disabilities, they offer therapies and psychological helps.

        I guees to share experiencies and new therapies can help her.

        Actually, she swwiming and go to TELETON two days per week, and she
        is very happy, We are trying that she lives her live normally, and we
        belong a litle group in Yahoo Mexico called ARTROGRIPOSISMEXICO, but
        unfortunatelly just has 3 members, I will so happy if somebody can
        subscribe to the group and we can see that we are not alone in this
        sick.

        Thanks for your time and I hope you are fine!!!

        Regards

      • Ricardo I Gutierrez
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2006
          I am very happy, thanks for answer my email, I will tell my niece and my
          sister, I am sure they will be happy.

          About de Teleton´s website is www.teleton.org.mx

          And the link to the group is
          http://mx.groups.yahoo.com/group/artrogriposismexico/

          both in Spanish

          The surgeries of my niece Paulina were done in Centro Medico Siglo XXI and
          Shriners Hospital, The Centro Medico is a hospital of Social Security of
          Goverment, it is a very good hospital.

          Regards.

          Saludos

          Ricardo I Gutierrez
          Beneficios y Compensaciones
          Recursos Humanos
          Abbott International
          Abbott Laboratories de México
          Av. Coyoacán 1622 Colonia del Valle
          México D.F. 03100
          México
          Office +(52) 55 5726 4600 Ext 4025
          ricardo.gutierrez@...

          ------------------------------------------------------------ Este mensaje
          se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario y puede contener información
          privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda
          notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización
          está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este
          mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique inmediatamente por esta
          misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.
          ------------------------------------------------------------- This message
          is intended exclusively for its addressee and may contain confidential
          and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you
          are hereby notified that any use, dissemination and/or unauthorized copy
          of this communication is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received
          this message in error, please notify us immediately via e-mail and delete
          it. ------------------------------------------------------------

          AMC <arthrogryposis2003@...>
          Sent by: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
          07/02/2006 11:46 a.m.
          Please respond to amc_adults

          To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
          cc: (bcc: Ricardo I Gutierrez/COYOACAN/AI/ABBOTT)
          Subject: Re: [Adults AMC] Hi I am from Mexico City

[...]

          Disabled travel
          Disabled lift
          Disabled
          Disabled vans
          Disabled products
          Disabled equipment

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "amc_adults" on the web.