Surgery on legs and hips

  • krystal andrews
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2005
      My daughter is 19 mts old. Alexus Cleary is her name she has
      Arthrogryposis. Her hips are in the joints, however her knees are bent
      and she has frog position on her legs. Her doctor is wanting to cut
      her bones above the knee cap and shave some bone on her hips to get
      her in a standing position. I would greatly appreciate any advise if
      there is anyone that has had this type of surgery or any kind of
      surgery on your hips and legs. Also I would like to know if instead of
      surgery did anyone have just Physical therapy. . How long did it take
      before you could sit after the surgery? And if you had physical
      therapy was that method effecitve. Please give me any advise on what
      kinds of surgery/therapy you had on your hips and legs. Also can you
      give me the locations and doctors names PLEASE.... If we do decide to
      go through with the surgery it is scheduled for Jan. 23rd 06. So we
      really would like all the information possible.

      Thank you