Survey

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005
      I was asked to forward this to the group.

      Hello!

      disabilities in research about disability and its representation, I am
      conducting an on-line survey to include the voices of those who
      experience disability from a variety of perspectives. Specifically, I
      am interested in how people identify themselves in terms of their
      disability experiences, and the benefits associated with different
      viewpoints.

      There has been a lot of research giving voice to other minority groups
      about how their identities are shaped by what's important to them.
      This study provides a similar opportunity for people from ALL
      disability groups to weigh in on how they are represented and how they
      want to represent themselves.

      Your group has been selected as a potential source of adult
      participants for this 10-20 minute survey. The survey can be
      accessed at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=672721246969.
      Alternative formats (such as in Microsoft Word) are available upon
      request.

      With your consent, I would like to recruit participants from this
      group. If you approve, I will contact members by posting a notice to
      this group and referring them to the study's consent page above, which
      will take them to the survey. If it would be better for you to post
      the notice than for me to join the group and post, that would also be
      great.

      If you are agree to allow me to recruit participants from this group,
      please copy this message into a return email and fill out the
      agreement statement below. I am happy to answer any questions you may
      have.

      Thank you very much for your consideration.
      Sincerely,
      Michelle Nario-Redmond, Ph.D. michelle.nario-redmond@...
      Social Psychologist, Reed College, Portland, OR 97202