Re: [Adults AMC] Welcomes, hopes, and job talk

  • Betty Hicks
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2001
      Thank you Christina, actually the situation isn't getting any better, in
      fact it's getting worse. A cop was here yesterday wanting to talk to my
      attendant about an alleged death threat he allegly made to one of the
      neighbors here a coulple of weeks ago. The neighbor said it happened last
      week and he just called the police yesterday (Saturday). My Attendant left
      last Tuesday and hasn't been back but once to get his things and that was
      last night. This neighbor does not like my attendant either and he was
      always trying to get him out of here even when he was living here with his
      ex-girlfriend. This is not going to look good for my case, I know that. I
      have told my attendant that he has to just stay away from here totally until
      I can get this whole mess straighten out. And I am definately looking for a
      new place to live.

      Sorry this was a little longer than I intended it to be.

      Take care all,

      Betty

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2001
        Oh geez Betty this sounds so tough. Are you finding any possible prospects
        for new places to live? If you need to vent go ahead I completely understand!
        How are you getting along with out your attendent? Do you think your
        attendent said what the cops say he said? Hehe I'm full of questions sorry.If
        there is anything I can possibly do to help.. even from here let me know!

        ~~Christina

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17, 2001
          oman betty, YES I remember who your attendent is, :)
          Whos helping you now that hes not there?????? Sounds like a mess but i think
          things will be ok & you will find a better place 2 live!!! Is he going 2 live
          with u again when u move??? Let me know how u r!
          ~Theresa

        • Betty Hicks
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17, 2001
            Thanks Christina,

            My attendant wasn't even here that night when the neighbor told the police
            when it happened. He was staying with another friend and my attendant said
            that his friend will testify to that.

            I did get a break this morning, I was calling around the different
            apartments here in town and I thought I would call the apartment complex
            that I moved into when I moved out on my own, sure enough, they do have an
            apartment available that is accessible to wheelchairs or I should say that
            would be accessible to me. The kicker is, it might be the same apartment
            that I was in before. All I have to do is go over there and fill out an
            application and the chances are good for me to get it.

            Betty

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 19, 2001
              i hope that every thing goes well with you christina