Being short

  • para_quad
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 5:01 PM
      It sounds like alot of us are short me included, is this part of the
      disability. One Doctor said to my shortness was due to my bones not
      developing in the usual way, therefore I was never going to be tall.
      Personally I dont mind being short, but a few inches would of being
      good, especially in the supermarket, or at concerts, or so I wouldnt
      need to keep taking up my trousers. why dont they make trousers for
      short people.
      Lorraine
    • Kendall Conrad
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2 6:55 PM
        I'm not completely sure how much growth is affected for people with
        AMC, but I am 6'1", but also my legs are not effected by AMC, only my
        arms. I do find it at times frustrating though to reach higher items
        like cupboards because I cannot straighten my arms all the way. My
        arms (bone-wise) seem to be normal length though. There seems to be
        quite a variety of specifics, on a individual basis, for people with
        AMC that give us each our own individualism among AMC folk (though
        that's not all that surprising).

        Kendall