Re: [Adults AMC] physical therapy question

  • JRTowner@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18 7:17 PM
      She is giving you exercises like a "normal". Tell her to stop if she can't
      work with your normal range of motion. If she does not know how get another
      therapist. My knee cap is in the back of the knee. My leg swings inwardly
      over the back foots arch. The therapist wanted it to bend up and down like a
      "normal's" would. We had to have a long discussion about.

      Denise
      Dogs are not our whole life,
      But they make our lives whole.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19 6:09 AM
        Hi Becky, I know I havent posted in a LONG time also, but have been a member
        forever!
        I have a friend that had a knee replacement surgery in Sept.She was
        diagnosed with AMC by this dr! (at age 39!) anyway, her kneecap was on the side also,
        that wasnt the reason 4 the surgery, she had a VERY bad knee, The dr
        replaced her knee, but moved HER kneecap over to the right place. I was wondering
        about the kneecaps ob so I looked it up & asked around.(because I doNOT have
        any) it helps the bones & muscles glide. & with it on the side, it wont "glide"
        right.
        After her surgery she went to pt. The therapist started out every session
        moving the kneecap around & keeping it loose. Now she said it hurt like mad
        too, but the dr said it would hurt more for it to "lock" in place.
        Just thought I should share that.....
        ~Theresa

      • becky deaver
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19 8:45 AM
          Thanks Theresa! I appreciate the information.
          Becky

          http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide
        • TUCMUM@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 19 9:03 PM
            I was told by a PT one time that if it hurts some that is OK but if it hurts
            to the point of PAIN we have to stop. This sounds like a time to stop!
            Tuckers knee caps were in place at birth but came loose after tring to get
            bend in his knees.
            The reason being that after getting his knees to bend his tendons that were
            holding it in place stretched out and didn't go back like a rubber band the way
            they would do on other people. I am sure that after a long time of walking on
            them the way you do they have also stretched and now they are not going to go
            back and they are going to buckle on you more and more often??? This is my
            best guess....
            Now saying this i am wondering if maybe you doctor might want to think about
            doing this simple surgery they are talking about doing on Tucker ... taking
            the knee cap drilling two little holes in it and running the tendons through it
            and reattaching it so that they will better hold it in place? just a thought?
            at this time tucker hasn't had it done because even at 7 years old his knee
            caps are to small to do it.
            Just a thought? Might be worth asking about it?
            TRACI

          • becky deaver
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 20 7:10 AM
              Traci
              Thanks fot the information! It sure is something to look into. I see
              the Dr. the end of this month.
              becky

              http://mail.yahoo.com