Re: [Adults AMC] IRAQI CHILD WITH AMC

  • Jesse Monroe
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2005
      try the DuPont hospital in Dover Delaware.
      --- health_hoc <health@...> wrote:

      > Good afternoon to all from kuwait. I'm the Public
      > Health Officer for
      > a joint US military and Kuwait government
      > organization which
      > provides humanitarian assistance to the people of
      > Iraq. One of our
      > Civil Affairs units came upon a family that has a 7
      > yr old girl with
      > AMC. She has been undergone numerous orthopedic
      > surgeries in the
      > Iraq, but now she needs more advanced centers to
      > examine her and
      > rehabilitate her for walking. At this time the Iraq
      > Medical System
      > cannot provide this service. I'm trying to get her
      > medical treatment
      > outside Iraq. Do you know of any organizations that
      > will sponsor her
      > and a guardian? I'm writing to hospitals to see if
      > they can assist
      > in providing medical care. It's a long shot, but one
      > worth trying.
      >
      > Take care. God bless.
      >
      > Glenn Rubalcava
      > MAJ MS
      > Humanitarian operations Center (HOC)
      > Kuwait City, Kuwait

      =====
      signature

      test'; ">

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • Major Glenn Rubalcava
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 9, 2005
        Jesse,

        Thanks Jesse for the information. Dr. Charles Scott, who works for ALFRED I
        DUPONT HOSPITAL, responded back and although the medical facility cannot
        assist the child, he recommended the Shriners Hospital for Children in
        Philadelphia and also provided a point of contact.

        Thank you very much for your recommendation.

        If anybody would like to check out the HUMANITARIAN OPERATIONS CENTER (HOC)
        website, it's http://www.kuwaithoc.com/

        We at the HOC appreciate your assistance.

        GLENN RUBALCAVA

        MAJ, MS

        Public Health Officer

        =====