IRAQI CHILD WITH AMC

  • health_hoc
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
      Good afternoon to all from kuwait. I'm the Public Health Officer for
      a joint US military and Kuwait government organization which
      provides humanitarian assistance to the people of Iraq. One of our
      Civil Affairs units came upon a family that has a 7 yr old girl with
      AMC. She has been undergone numerous orthopedic surgeries in the
      Iraq, but now she needs more advanced centers to examine her and
      rehabilitate her for walking. At this time the Iraq Medical System
      cannot provide this service. I'm trying to get her medical treatment
      outside Iraq. Do you know of any organizations that will sponsor her
      and a guardian? I'm writing to hospitals to see if they can assist
      in providing medical care. It's a long shot, but one worth trying.

      Take care. God bless.

      Glenn Rubalcava
      MAJ MS
      Humanitarian operations Center (HOC)
      Kuwait City, Kuwait
    • kristin@poemsforyou.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
        Dear Major,

        This is the kind of story the liberal media doesn't want us to hear. Much
        less Michael Moore. After all, can't have a picture of happy Iraqi
        children before the nasty US came spoiled by a US operation to help a
        little Iraqi girl with a rare disease. God bless you.

        > There is 1 message in this issue.
        >
        > Topics in this digest:
        >
        > 1. IRAQI CHILD WITH AMC
        > From: "health_hoc" <health@...>

        > Message: 1
        > Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:30:22 -0000
        > From: "health_hoc" <health@...>
        > Subject: IRAQI CHILD WITH AMC
        >

        > Good afternoon to all from kuwait. I'm the Public Health Officer for
        > a joint US military and Kuwait government organization which
        > provides humanitarian assistance to the people of Iraq. One of our
        > Civil Affairs units came upon a family that has a 7 yr old girl with
        > AMC. She has been undergone numerous orthopedic surgeries in the
        > Iraq, but now she needs more advanced centers to examine her and
        > rehabilitate her for walking. At this time the Iraq Medical System
        > cannot provide this service. I'm trying to get her medical treatment
        > outside Iraq. Do you know of any organizations that will sponsor her
        > and a guardian? I'm writing to hospitals to see if they can assist
        > in providing medical care. It's a long shot, but one worth trying.
        >
        > Take care. God bless.
        >
        > Glenn Rubalcava
        > MAJ MS
        > Humanitarian operations Center (HOC)
        > Kuwait City, Kuwait

      • Tina Lewis
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
          Hi Glenn, I read your e-mail I don't know how much help it will be but I figured I'd give you the info just in case. When my daughter was born with AMC she was very helpful to me. I live in Wisconsin, I take my daughter to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee and they are GREAT! The social worker who helped me out was Gale Flaschner, MSW, she's in the family service department.

          Gale Flaschner (Social Worker)
          9000 West Wisconsin Avenue
          P.O Box 1997, MS # 745
          Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
          www.chw.org
          1-414-266-3160

          she was very helpful she set up all my daughter's therapies, found a special needs day care and much more. Maybe she'll be able to help you. Good Luck!!
          Thank You for fighting for our country.
          Tina Lewis
          health_hoc <health@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Major Glenn Rubalcava
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
            Kristin,

            Thank you for the moral support your words provided me. I think Bill
            O'Reilly (Fox News) has competition.

            Take care,

            This is the kind of story the liberal media doesn't want us to hear. Much
            less Michael Moore. After all, can't have a picture of happy Iraqi
            children before the nasty US came spoiled by a US operation to help a
            little Iraqi girl with a rare disease. God bless you.

            > There is 1 message in this issue.
            >
            > Topics in this digest:
            >
            > 1. IRAQI CHILD WITH AMC
            > From: "health_hoc" <health@...>

            > Message: 1
            > Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:30:22 -0000
            > From: "health_hoc" <health@...>
            > Subject: IRAQI CHILD WITH AMC
            >

            > Good afternoon to all from kuwait. I'm the Public Health Officer for
            > a joint US military and Kuwait government organization which
            > provides humanitarian assistance to the people of Iraq. One of our
            > Civil Affairs units came upon a family that has a 7 yr old girl with
            > AMC. She has been undergone numerous orthopedic surgeries in the
            > Iraq, but now she needs more advanced centers to examine her and
            > rehabilitate her for walking. At this time the Iraq Medical System
            > cannot provide this service. I'm trying to get her medical treatment
            > outside Iraq. Do you know of any organizations that will sponsor her
            > and a guardian? I'm writing to hospitals to see if they can assist
            > in providing medical care. It's a long shot, but one worth trying.
            >
            > Take care. God bless.
            >
            > Glenn Rubalcava
            > MAJ MS
            > Humanitarian operations Center (HOC)
            > Kuwait City, Kuwait

            _____

          • Major Glenn Rubalcava
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
              Evening (Kuwait time at least) Tina,

              Thank you very much for the information. I will contact Ms Flaschner. She
              sounds like a good person to speak to. I prey your daughter's doing well.
              Sorry about the Packers.

              Enjoy the day,

              Glenn

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
                Have you tried Shriners Hospital? I have and a number of people on this
                list have received treatment through them. Here a link top their website

                _Shriners and Shriners Hospitals_ (http://www.shrinershq.org/) or
                _http://www.shrinershq.org/_ (http://www.shrinershq.org/)

                Denise
                Dogs are not our whole life,
                But they make our lives whole.

              • Major Glenn Rubalcava
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2005
                  I contacted the Shriners Hospital in Chicago. They stopped receiving
                  patients outside the states about 3 yrs ago. I received a poc at the
                  Shriners Hospital in Philadelphia. I'll try there next.

                  My sister would agree with you about dogs. I spoke to her a couple days ago
                  and she told me she picked up 2 stray pups.

                  Thanks JR.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 3, 2005
                    try the DuPont hospital in Dover Delaware.
                    --- health_hoc <health@...> wrote:

                    > Good afternoon to all from kuwait. I'm the Public
                    > Health Officer for
                    > a joint US military and Kuwait government
                    > organization which
                    > provides humanitarian assistance to the people of
                    > Iraq. One of our
                    > Civil Affairs units came upon a family that has a 7
                    > yr old girl with
                    > AMC. She has been undergone numerous orthopedic
                    > surgeries in the
                    > Iraq, but now she needs more advanced centers to
                    > examine her and
                    > rehabilitate her for walking. At this time the Iraq
                    > Medical System
                    > cannot provide this service. I'm trying to get her
                    > medical treatment
                    > outside Iraq. Do you know of any organizations that
                    > will sponsor her
                    > and a guardian? I'm writing to hospitals to see if
                    > they can assist
                    > in providing medical care. It's a long shot, but one
                    > worth trying.
                    >
                    > Take care. God bless.
                    >
                    > Glenn Rubalcava
                    > MAJ MS
                    > Humanitarian operations Center (HOC)
                    > Kuwait City, Kuwait

                    =====
                    signature

                    test'; ">

                    http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
                  • Major Glenn Rubalcava
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 9, 2005
                      Jesse,

                      Thanks Jesse for the information. Dr. Charles Scott, who works for ALFRED I
                      DUPONT HOSPITAL, responded back and although the medical facility cannot
                      assist the child, he recommended the Shriners Hospital for Children in
                      Philadelphia and also provided a point of contact.

                      Thank you very much for your recommendation.

                      If anybody would like to check out the HUMANITARIAN OPERATIONS CENTER (HOC)
                      website, it's http://www.kuwaithoc.com/

                      We at the HOC appreciate your assistance.

                      GLENN RUBALCAVA

                      MAJ, MS

                      Public Health Officer

                      =====