Re: [Adults AMC] my daughter

  • Brandon Cleary
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2004
      hi,
      i really appreciate the reply. my daughter has problems with her arms, hands, hips, and legs.
      she was also born with club feet. the docs have been casting her feet first and then are going to
      do her legs and arms. they were talking about splinting her arms and legs. we have been doing alot of physical theropy and it really seems to help out a whole lot. she has a little bit
      of movement in her hands and feet (fingers and toes mostly). she seems to be making the best
      of it, though she gets irratated when she trys to play with her toys and cant pick them up. we can sit her up and she uses her shoulders to swing her arms at them. i know she knows that she is suppose to use them and she tries really hard for only 8 months. any other tips or people to contact would great.

      thanks alot and god bless,
      brandon cleary
      JRTowner@... wrote:
      Is her AMC mainly in the legs and hips? What are you doing for her? Are
      you splinting? ROM exercises? Any physical therapy. I'm an Oldie so in my day
      lots of surgeries were performed. However, in this day and age, the
      emphasis is on therapy and splinting with surgeries as the last resort.

      Denise
      Dogs are not our whole life,
      But they make our lives whole.

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Jason Hughes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        Hi Brandon,
        Had similar problems myself many years ago. I am now 36. What helped the
        most was swimming from an early age. I had very limited movement at 8 months
        but over 80 % today and live a normal enough life!!. Best Wishes,

        Jason