Broken Bone

  • daniel_freccia
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 20, 2004
      Dear Adults w/ AMC,
      I have an almost 3 yr old boy whose 8 yr old brother was playing
      with him and his femur bone was broken. Has anyone had anything like
      this happen before? We are trying to figure out how this happened so
      easily. Other than his leg being caught under his brothers leg and
      them falling to the side. Please let me know.
      Angie
    • Allyson
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20, 2004
        when i was 8 i broke my leg riding my bike into a
        tree. what happen was my knee doesn't bend very much
        there for causing it to snap. i was in full leg cast
        for about 5 weeks completely held after 4 weeks. i've
        broken a few other bones all due to thte joint not
        being able to give enough, well that and i liked to
        rough house with my three borthers.

        ally

        --- daniel_freccia <daniel_freccia@...> wrote:

        > Dear Adults w/ AMC,
        > I have an almost 3 yr old boy whose 8 yr old brother
        > was playing
        > with him and his femur bone was broken. Has anyone
        > had anything like
        > this happen before? We are trying to figure out how
        > this happened so
        > easily. Other than his leg being caught under his
        > brothers leg and
        > them falling to the side. Please let me know.
        > Angie

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com
      • tucmum@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20, 2004
          Tuckers had two broken legs. Both times it seemed like simple little things
          that happened but yet it broke his leg once was the left and once was the right
          leg. It was explained to me that since his knee didn't bend there was nothing
          there to absorb the pressure of the fall..or what have you. Once it was just
          him and his uncle playing and he laid on top of him and he cried about it and
          by the time i got to grandmas house two days later he cried when i touched it
          i took him to the er and it was broke. They thougth i was over reacting when i
          said i was going to take him. then the second time was at school when a
          little boy was tring to help him move up in line for the bus and ran him into a
          fence.
          Traci tucker's mom (6 with amc)

        • fitforlifeplace@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2004
            Angie,
            My name is Brian Stone and I too have Arhrogyposis, I'm 39 and have had to deal with 14 operations and 5 broken bones. I really would like to share with you some of my experiences. I'm a Personal Fitness Trainer now, after 11 years of being an Accountant. Since training with weights, I haven't had a broken bone or a operation.. So, if you'd like to Chat, please feel free to contact me @ fitforlifeplace@...

            Best Regards,

            Brian C. Stone

            I have an almost 3 yr old boy whose 8 yr old brother was playing
            with him and his femur bone was broken. Has anyone had anything like
            this happen before? We are trying to figure out how this happened so
            easily. Other than his leg being caught under his brothers leg and
            them falling to the side. Please let me know.
            Angie

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • JRTowner@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 21, 2004
              I had a fractured leg that I never knew about. It showed on an x-ray years
              later. I think that since our bones are around 20% less dense we may be more
              prone to breakage.

              Denise
              Dogs are not our whole life,
              But they make our lives whole.

            • rnjhamp
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 22, 2004
                In reference to broken bones, I broke my right foot twice as a
                teenager. The first time a bike fell on my foot and I walked on it
                for a week before going to the doctor to discover a fracture. The
                second time I kicked a soccer ball (I was not supposed to) and broke
                my foot. My doctor told me not to kick any type of ball due to the
                bones in my foot being fused together and this would jar the bones
                and could result in a break. Otherwise, the only bones that were
                broken were by the doctors during surgery for a reason.

                Jen H.