thought I'd share...

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      I thought I'd share something with all of you.......
      Just to show you that nomatter how the disability arthrogryposis "SOUNDS" in
      writing, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!! :)
      This is from my Dr that evaluated my AMC

      This letter is in regards to patient Theresa Theresa is a 39 year old
      female with arthrogryposis, who I had seen initially in December 2003 for a
      severe distal humerus fracture, which was treated surgically. After a lenghty
      recovery time, she did heal her fracture and resolve some temperary nerve
      palsies that developed as a result of the fracture & subsequent surgery.
      To review her medical history, she does have severe arthrogryposis. Both of
      her shoulders show active forward elevation of only 40 degrees. She has
      internal rotation contractres of 30 degrees on each shoulder as well. Both elbows
      show significant limitations in range of motion. Her right elbow has a fixed 40
      degree flexion contracture. This is able to be passively flexed up to 90
      degrees, but she is not actively able to do this. Her right wrist is essentially
      fused at 80 degrees of flextion. She has virtually no hand function with just a
      trace of motion of her fingers through the MP joints from perhaps 0 - 30
      degrees. IP joint motion is essentially nil to all digits. Exam of her left
      shoulder, again, passive flexion up to 45 degrees is possible, but she is not actively
      able to do this. Her wrist on the left, again, is essentially fused in about
      80 degrees flextion and she has essentially no active hand function aside from
      trace finger motion. Exam of both lower extemities show active range of
      motion at the knees at about 10 - 30 degrees. She is able to walk with extreme
      effert on her part. Both ankles show flexion contractures with maximum
      dorsiflextion short of about 10 degrees of neutral.
      ~Theresa
      Theresa's page