Come and join our AMC online conference group

  • Georgia
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hello everyone,

      We are starting a conference group and would like to invite you to join us on Tuesdays from 11:00 - 3:00 pm Arizona time. The first conference will occur September 7th. (Please check the time zone in your area if you would like to participate.) The application software we will be using is irc.horizon.com, for those who do not have a yahoo ID. A member graciously set this up for us. All you need to do is type in the following address: http://www.floatingpenguins.com/cgi-bin/irc/irc.cgi and either leave the nickname as is or add your own nickname, then click on login. Please be patient, since it takes a few minutes to load. This group might not be suitable for children under the age of 16. If you absolutely cannot get into it, let us know by email. We also will be using the software Yahoo Conference. You must have a Yahoo ID. You do not need a microphone; all you do is type out your message. If you are interested, please send an email and we will sign you up. You must be on our
      messenger list for us to invite you.

      Through the conference group, new and existing members can discuss medical issues and other topics concerning AMC. They can share information regarding their own or their family´┐Żs health. Members with newborns that have health problems sometimes feel frightened when doctors want to perform tests and surgeries on their babies; these members can ask questions and consult other parents who have had similar experiences. The group may also wish to discuss disability issues. Many people with AMC or with family members with AMC are seeking advice and support, both of which we can offer to each other through the conference group.

      If you need further information, please contact Rose or Georgia at wheelie_ok@....