A Little History

  • Nancy Naugles
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2001
      Hi Everyone,

      It was great to meet all of you. Let me fill in a
      little history about myself.

      I was born and raised in Smithtown, NY. AMC effects
      my whole body. I'm unable to walk or stand. I use a
      motorized wheelchair. I have had 14 surgeries in my
      life 12 of them AMC related. Five of them before the
      age of 5. After age 15 I didn't set foot in a
      hospital until I was 25 and that was for my appendix.
      Then in 1999 I had to have neck surgery. I started
      experiencing numbness and a weakness in my arms and
      severe pain in my back. So, the doc removed C4, C5
      and C6; and fused my neck. Last year was not a good
      year, I ended up in the hospital 5 times mostly with
      lung problems and kidney stones. They say now that I
      have constrictive lung disease. This year I've only
      been in the hospital once for hernia surgery. But I'm
      still fighting with kidney stones. I have had about 8
      lithotripsy done in the past 3 yrs.

      I wore a full brace from my chest down until the age
      of 10 or 11. It got to be too much for my mother to
      put them on and lift me once they were on. I never
      really could walk with them just mostly stand.

      Enough medical stuff. I do have other things in my
      life. I have three dogs and 7 cats. They're our
      babies. My husband and I have been together 22 years
      in October. We have lots of nieces and nephews. I
      love movies and shopping but unfortunately not a lot
      of money to do these things with.

      I recieve a very small Social Security Disability
      check because I didn't work very many years. I can't
      get any other monies because I'm told my husband makes
      too much. I'm told if we got divorsed we would be
      better off. We love baseball. I'm a Yankee fan and
      my husband is a Met fan. He always tells people that
      we have a mixed marriage. I also like the WNBA and
      both like football.

      I guess I've rambled on long enough. Take care. Have
      a nice day.......Nancy

      http://im.yahoo.com