Social Security Disability

  • rocks0508
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      I wanted to ask for your help. I have amc and have worked most of my
      life up until 2 years ago. I applied for Social Security Disabilty
      and was accepted the first time. I fit like 3 or 4 of their
      catagories. Unfortunately, since I don't have end stage renal disease
      or ALS, I have to wait 2 years for Medicare and don't qualify for
      Medicaid. There is a bill in congress right now trying to change this
      2 year waiting period saying it is discrimating. I would like to ask
      that each of you write to congress representatives and ask them to
      support this bill. I would hate for this to hurt anymore disabled
      people who can't get health insurance. I don't usually ask people to
      do this but it is important. You can find your representatives at
      www.congress.org. Thanks.

      Roxi McCutchan