Hello

  • rnjhamp@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 8, 2001
      I have changed IDs so don't be alarmed. I'm the person who brought
      up the arthritis and feet swelling. Hope everyone had a great
      weekend!

      Jen
    • Jane
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 7, 2001
        It's amazing what you can find on Yahoo these days...

        I haven't read all the messages yet - but I'm guilty of looking at
        the one titled Sex, well done Betty I'm awake!

        I'm an adult with AMC and live in England. To answer your question of
        what we did over the summer Betty - I got married at the beginning of
        June. Now most of the time is spent decorating the home and generally
        settling in, as I have moved 200 miles from where I lived. Since
        getting a broadband internet connection I have time on the net for a
        fixed fee each month and am liking the idea of chatting with people!
        Fortunately my husband does not mind that I while away my time on the
        net while he works hard!

        I do have other interests though - reading, bridge and cross stitch
        to name a few. I'm not much good at just talking about myself so I'll
        leave it there and see if anyone wants to reply. I've had a quick
        look at the messages and it would seem that most of you are from the
        States - hope an English rose (ha ha in my dreams!) is welcome!

        Jane
      • Betty Hicks
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 7, 2001
          Thanks Jane about the title.

          I think you got us all beat. Getting married, and all
          we did was take trips.

          Nice to meet you and hope to hear a lot from you in
          the future.

          =====
          Betty

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • Nalini Blumer-Buell
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 23 10:48 AM
            Hello! I am Nalini, and I just found this group a day
            or so ago. I have been looking for a group like this
            for a while. I am 27 and live in Hawaii. I am a
            computer tutor at a preschool. What kind of things do
            you all do? I am curious as to the ones who are late/
            early 30's what you do? Have you all gone to college?
            I have a degree in English. Hope to hear from you
            soon.

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • Jonathan Lane
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 23 11:07 AM
              > Hello! I am Nalini, and I just found this group a day
              > or so ago. I have been looking for a group like this
              > for a while.

              Hallo Nalini. Welcome to the group.

              > I am 27 and live in Hawaii. I am a
              > computer tutor at a preschool. What kind of things do
              > you all do?

              Computer programmer. Sometimes I think I am good at it,
              sometimes I don't, but I never let my boss know that ;)

              > I am curious as to the ones who are late/
              > early 30's what you do?

              I hope to be retired and living it up in Fiji, hehe.

              > Have you all gone to college? I have a degree in English.

              No.. if I'm ever in a position to need one, I may go back.

              Anyway, nice to meet you, and welcome to the list.

              -jonathan
            • Nalini Blumer-Buell
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 23 11:50 AM
                --- Jonathan Lane <jingai@...> wrote:
                > > Hello! I am Nalini, and I just found this group a
                > day
                > > or so ago. I have been looking for a group like
                > this
                > > for a while.
                >
                > Hallo Nalini. Welcome to the group.
                >
                > > I am 27 and live in Hawaii. I am a
                > > computer tutor at a preschool. What kind of
                > things do
                > > you all do?
                >
                > Computer programmer. Sometimes I think I am good at
                > it,
                > sometimes I don't, but I never let my boss know that
                > ;)
                >
                > > I am curious as to the ones who are late/
                > > early 30's what you do?
                >
                > I hope to be retired and living it up in Fiji, hehe.
                >
                > > Have you all gone to college? I have a degree in
                > English.
                >
                > No.. if I'm ever in a position to need one, I may go
                > back.
                >
                > Anyway, nice to meet you, and welcome to the list.
                >
                > -jonathan
                >Johnathan,
                Where are you from? What kind of AMC do you have? I
                have it mainly in my lower half of my body but it
                certainly affects the overall body. You work with
                computers? What kind?
                Good to hear from you.
                Nalini

                http://search.yahoo.com
              • Jonathan Lane
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 23 3:13 PM
                  > >Johnathan,
                  > Where are you from?

                  Melbourne, FL, USA.

                  > What kind of AMC do you have? I
                  > have it mainly in my lower half of my body but it
                  > certainly affects the overall body.

                  I guess I'd say it affects the upper half of my body more than
                  the lower half. I can't extend my arms (they're fused to 90
                  degree angles) and I can't bend my knees past 90 degrees
                  (in other words, I can't kneel, etc). I can walk though.

                  > You work with computers? What kind?

                  All kinds. x86, PowerPC, SPARC, various embedded architectures..
                  I work with Linux distributions whenever I am allowed, and
                  Solaris and Windows only when I have to :) I've worked with
                  BeOS, Workbench, OS/2, and various other now-expired operating
                  systems as well. I also maintain an in-house, proprietary
                  real-time operating system for a custom embedded platform built around
                  Motorola's 6802..

                  Suffice to say, I've lost all concept of platform-loyalty LOL.

                  -jonathan
                • Nicole Smith
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 30, 2005
                    My name is Nicole and i have amc..

                    __________________________________
                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  • Jen
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
                      Adrienne and Natalie-

                      Hi, I'm Jen. I am 32 years old with AMC. I am affected in my feet
                      mainly. At birth my right hip and hands were affected as well. I
                      have had 18 surgeries on my feet and 1 on my hip. I am happily
                      married (12 years) and 7 weeks pregnant. I am also a full-time
                      college student pursuing my Master's in Teaching in Special Education
                      and start student-teaching in 2 weeks.

                      I want to welcome you both to the group and apologize for not greeting
                      you earlier [Natalie]. I look foward to hearing from both of you!

                      Jen H.
                    • Natalie Guajardo
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 4, 2006
                        it's ok i'm just glad that someone is responding i need lots of support during this time so tks.

                        Jen <rnjhamp@...> wrote: Adrienne and Natalie-

                        Hi, I'm Jen. I am 32 years old with AMC. I am affected in my feet
                        mainly. At birth my right hip and hands were affected as well. I
                        have had 18 surgeries on my feet and 1 on my hip. I am happily
                        married (12 years) and 7 weeks pregnant. I am also a full-time
                        college student pursuing my Master's in Teaching in Special Education
                        and start student-teaching in 2 weeks.

                        I want to welcome you both to the group and apologize for not greeting
                        you earlier [Natalie]. I look foward to hearing from both of you!

                        Jen H.

                        Disabled travel Disabled lift Disabled Disabled vans Disabled products Disabled equipment

                      • Jeanne
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
                          Hey everyone, My name is Jeanne. I'm 38 years old and have amc. I live
                          in Connecticut. AMC affects my 4 limbs. I'm very happy to know that
                          this yahoo group is here for us. I've had 10 surgeries and hope to not
                          have anymore. The only down fall I can say about being operated on
                          is...the amount of time I spent in casts after each surgery. Because,
                          what little muscle I had, I lost. But, I do live on my own and have
                          personal care attendants to help me with my daily living. I hope to
                          make friends on here so feel free to email me.