Re: [Adults AMC] Been Missing Me? Lol

  • JRTowner@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2004
      OK, I can sympathize with what you are going through and I bet I can make you
      laugh with my Cancer scare story.

      I started with a lump under the arm. I went to the DR the next day. NO LUMP!
      two days later the lump is there again. I called and said I wanted to come
      in right away which they let me. He felt the lump! I'm Not Crazy! While he is
      examining the area, he says, "How long have you had this mole on the back of
      you shoulder?" I think I'll take this out when we do the biopsy. The
      appointment is set and I go the remove the mole but the lump is gone AGAIN. Nothing
      shows on the x-ray. Looks like I had a swollen lymph node and not the big C.
      The mole was not Cancerous either. Whew I missed the bullet.

      Six Month go by. I'm on a new job and taking a training course. I get
      called out with a message my doctor called. I call him back and he says , "Your PAP
      test came back bad." Huh I didn't have a test done for the last 6 month. He
      says, "Let me make sure this is you and not the other Denise." His wife
      treats a gal with my same name and her birthday is 2 days later than mine.

      2nd call comes at lunch time, it is my test. Seems the lab bought a new
      machine and ran old smears through for training purposes.

      He wants a biopsy done and I have to do it right away. Two days later, I
      went to school at 6 a.m. and started work at 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. My appointment
      was for 6 p.m. There was a wreck on the highway so I didn't stop for supper.
      I got seen by the doctor at 9 p.m.

      My new doc is drop dead MOVIE STAR gorgeous. So there I'm spraddle in a very
      uncomfortable position as he does 8 biopsies. He asking questions and all I
      can do is answer yes or no because it is so hard to lay in the "position".
      Wait a second! Light bulb goes off. He is asking me in round about ways if I'm
      having rough sex! You see I was playing with my Jack Russell Terrier and she
      was jumping on my legs. So I had to say, "No doc, those fingerprint size
      bruises are really paw prints." And by the way I missed the bullet again.

      Moral of the story is to hang tough and try to find some humor along the way.
      My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

      Denise
      JRT's Rule