Re: [avenues2] Introduction

  • JRTowner@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2004
      Welcome to the group. You might like to join a couple of other yahoo groups
      like amc_adults@yahoogroups.com and
      Adults_With_Arthrogryposis@yahoogroups.com

      My folks were told the same about me when I was born. My feet rested against
      my cheeks. I'm 55 and have had many operations too and some were more
      successful than others. The "test rat" idea was also used on me. Many of us older
      AMCers were used as test rats for people with polio as were expendable.

      Many of us have pain as we get older which usually starts in our 30-40. Many
      of us have found that it is from our cartridge wearing out or our bones
      rubbing together. Resting helps to a point. But you really need to find out what
      is causing the pain and treat that aggressively. Had they told me I need a
      simple $20.00 shoe lift in my 30's, I may not have as bad a back as I do today.

      We are a diverse group and ask anything you want. The adult groups were form
      to respond to more adult content and concern. But don't drop this group
      because a lot of good information is passed around here.
      Denise
      JRT's Rule