love, men and all that.......

  • janeskoglund
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
      Hi!
      I saw that some of you had had a discussion on wether it's harder to
      meet THAT special one if you have a disability...I used to think that
      there eas no-one out there for me, then i got hospitalized, and i met
      the man of my dreams! At that time no one knew if i would be able to
      sit or walk again, and miracles upon miracles, he fell in love with
      me. The fact that i have a handicap does not bother him, of course we
      have had discussions conserning this, but hi has accepted this very
      well. ( He does not have a disability.) I think that people who are
      handicapped feel out of pleace in society today, because we are so
      fixated on how our bodies look and a lot of us does not fit into this
      mold. I also believe that how handicapped you feel, and how
      handicapped other people think og us, is in our minds. I have met
      people with severe handicaps who are not being look upon as
      handicapped, and some people who maybe hav a problem with one arm is
      almost crippled by this...

      My motto is: Live your life today, so when the time comes, you can
      think of all the fun you've had!

      Enjoy the rest of summer!!

      Love Jane
    • jingai
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
        > I saw that some of you had had a discussion on wether it's harder to
        > meet THAT special one if you have a disability...I used to think that
        > there eas no-one out there for me, then i got hospitalized, and i met
        > the man of my dreams!

        I know *I* want to meet my mate in a hospital. The chances of her being
        wealthy are much greater there :P

        Good luck with your relationship.

        -jonathan
      • Karen
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
          Good point Jonathan!! Although I have always wanted
          to marry a doctor....not for the money but because I
          am fascintated by medical "stuff"....fascinated by
          medical knowledge but not really excited about all the
          gross aspects of being a doctor :) Okay, I'm done
          babbling :)

          Karen

          --- jingai <jingai@...> wrote:
          > > I saw that some of you had had a discussion on
          > wether it's harder to
          > > meet THAT special one if you have a disability...I
          > used to think that
          > > there eas no-one out there for me, then i got
          > hospitalized, and i met
          > > the man of my dreams!
          >
          > I know *I* want to meet my mate in a hospital. The
          > chances of her being
          > wealthy are much greater there :P
          >
          > Good luck with your relationship.
          >
          > -jonathan

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • Nalini Blumer-Buell
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
            Jane...I just wanted to say that this message is so
            perfect. I am completely in agreement that how we
            feel about ourselves makes a big difference. I have
            had stangers tell me that my attitude is so great. I
            also believe that even though we may not be like
            regular people we all have gifts to bring out. Have a
            awesome rest of summer. Nalini --- janeskoglund

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com