Hello Everyone...

  • Glenn
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2003
      My name is Glenn. I have AMC in my upper and lower extremities.
      I'm 38 and live in NC (moving back to FL VERY SOON!!!). I've never
      really been around anybody with amc or talked with anyone up until a
      few months ago. It's really nice to know I'm not alone. Well,
      anyway I just want to say hi.
    • Karen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
        Heya Glenn! Karen here...just thought I'd say hi and
        welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy your time here.
        Why go to Florida? I here their services for people
        with disabilities are highly lacking. But maybe you
        don't utilize them. Anyway, have fun!!

        msg me if you'd like on MSN...I'm Loopy Applefanny.
        (Long story :)

        =====
        KarenL
        Mom to Jamison (5 yrs old)
        Living in Nebraska

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Lorie
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2003
          --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn" <glgallo5@t...> wrote:
          > My name is Glenn. I have AMC in my upper and lower extremities.
          > I'm 38 and live in NC (moving back to FL VERY SOON!!!). I've never
          > really been around anybody with amc or talked with anyone up until
          > few months ago. It's really nice to know I'm not alone. Well,
          > anyway I just want to say hi.

          Hi Glenn. Ur definately not alone. Felt the same till I found this
          group. I'm 42 from Mo. n also affected in arms n legs. I was born
          in Fla. but been all over. I'm an Air Force brat. Even been to
          Bermuda for 3 yrs. Have a wondermous day. Lorie
        • Lorie
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2003
            --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Karen <momserene@y...> wrote:
            > Heya Glenn! Karen here...just thought I'd say hi and
            > welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy your time here.
            > Why go to Florida? I here their services for people
            > with disabilities are highly lacking. But maybe you
            > don't utilize them. Anyway, have fun!!
            >
            > msg me if you'd like on MSN...I'm Loopy Applefanny.
            > (Long story :)
            >
            > =====
            > KarenL
            > Mom to Jamison (5 yrs old)
            > Living in Nebraska

            > http://sbc.yahoo.com

            Hi Karen. How would u find out how well a certain state had services
            for the disabled. Been thinkin of moving. Lorie from Mo.
          • Karen
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5, 2003
              Lori, actually my perception of the lack of services
              in Florida has largely come from disabled people who
              live there, or lived there at one time. I belong to
              several email lists for people with disabilties and
              have heard the same thing from several different
              people on those lists.

              Your best bet to find out about a states services
              (other than talking directly to people that live and
              utilize, or have tried to utilize those services) is
              to get in contact with the states independent living
              centers. There may be several in any one state so you
              can either contact all of them or specifically the one
              closest to where you want to live. And actually, both
              talking to people directly AND contacting independent
              living centers are a very good idea in assessing a
              states ability to serve you in particular. I will see
              if there is a website that lists independent living
              centers....if I find one I will post it to the list.

              KarenL

              --- Lorie <gx264054@...> wrote:
              > --- In amc_adults@yahoogroups.com, Karen
              > <momserene@y...> wrote:
              > > Heya Glenn! Karen here...just thought I'd say hi
              > and
              > > welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy your time
              > here.
              > > Why go to Florida? I here their services for
              > people
              > > with disabilities are highly lacking. But maybe
              > you
              > > don't utilize them. Anyway, have fun!!
              > >
              > > msg me if you'd like on MSN...I'm Loopy
              > Applefanny.
              > > (Long story :)
              > >
              > > =====
              > > KarenL
              > > Mom to Jamison (5 yrs old)
              > > Living in Nebraska

              > > http://sbc.yahoo.com
              >
              > Hi Karen. How would u find out how well a certain
              > state had services
              > for the disabled. Been thinkin of moving. Lorie
              > from Mo.

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • Karen
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 5, 2003
                http://www.designlinc.com/centers3.htm

                Here's a website where they list independent living
                centers and it looks pretty complete.

                KarenL

                http://sbc.yahoo.com
              • Lorie
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 14, 2003
                  Hi Karen Thanks for the info. Have a wondermous day. Lorie