Pain

  • adiohound
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 11:09 PM
      Now that I haver my computer back I can put my two cents worth in.
      I am 47, and am (according to my Dr's) a severe case, both arms and
      legs are affected and my torso is partially affected.
      I have lived all over the world and have done just about ecerything
      that I have ever wanted to do. when I was 24 I moved to Germany to
      work with a church group building an Audio/Videop studio, wich I did
      mostly by myself, but I paid a reral big price for it...I almost lost
      the ability to walk.... My doctors had told me my whole life that I
      was not to exercise at all. After two years of working 16-18 hour a
      day 7 days a week my body gave out and I was sent home to find help.
      What I found was Doctors that told me I was out of luck and would
      have to live with it.
      I finally found a Dr that said no to that Idea and with his
      Chiropractic help and exercising I was able to get back on my feet,
      then was in a car acedent and spinal injury. The neurologist told me
      that pain was going to be a constant companion, but that because my
      pain threshold was so high( I dont start to feel pain until most
      people would be delerious from it) I would be ok.
      Once again I went to the gym, and got bored with my workout, at that
      point I was deadlifting 340 lbs. My doctors said that it wasnt
      possible for me to lift that but when shown it they just shook their
      heads, I was also at that time in the least amount of pain that I
      have been in since I was 25. At the age of 41 I got married for the
      first time (and only time), as of now I havent been working out for
      just over 5 years and am now back to the point of some of the worst
      pain I have ever experienced, but just as I was ready to go to the
      hospital a few weeks ago I had to do some work that I couldnt get out
      of....yard work, I did it even though it took me nearly 4 hours to do
      what would normally take 10 min I discouverd that when I was done I
      wasnt hurting anymore, at least not as bad, I was stiff but not in
      extreme pain. I have decided to get back to the gym and get back into
      shape. I think that the pain will subside, but I will not give up if
      it doesnt, I enjoy my life to much.

      Ok enough of my rambleing
      David
    • adiohound
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 11:11 PM
        oh by the way I really can type, it just doesnt look like it<grin>
        David
      • Lorie
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3 3:56 PM
          Wow Hello David. Lorie her, almost 42 n from Missouri. I am in
          complete agreement with u n in total AWE. Actually in everyone. I
          have stories of success but feel no where near as far as a lot of u.
          U have all educated, inspired, n motivated me. I'm so grateful for
          this site n all of u. Have a wondermous day. Lorie

        • JMF
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2004
            My name is Joanne. I am from Costa Rica, I have 30 years old.

            I am desperate, I am feeling pain in my joints (specially knees and
            hips), walking is turning difficult for me in this moment. I feel
            very sad, because I am still young and my body is telling me, please
            stop.

            I need to ask what is the experience of other people with AMC related
            with pain (as well as years passes the pain will be worst), taking
            care of our body, exercise, life conditions in general.

            Thanks
          • Georgia
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 21, 2004
              Hi Joanne

              I received your messages on yahoo messenger and I hope you do not mind me adding you to my list of AMC'ers of friends. I do love to chat. I use a cell phone and it has internet on it. Sometimes it work great and other times my connection is bad. I will see a message there and I go to open it and nothing is there, So I might ask you once in a while to repeat your messages. Yes, I am 51 and started having difficulty in my mid 30's. You can see my picture on line. I don't think my pain is AMC related. I think my pain is related to arthritis because of all the surgeries I have had. By the age of 11 I have had 24 operations and now I am 51. I have terrible pain in my tailbone my hips and sometimes my back. Well I hope this helps. Feel free to email me at anytime or if you need to chat. I really have enjoyed meeting so many of the members.

              JMF <biviped@...> wrote:My name is Joanne. I am from Costa Rica, I have 30 years old.