I have a 2 yr old daughter with AMC

  • mdblanchard4
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2002
      We are getting closer to walking!! But it seems she is scaried of
      walking on her own. I would like to know any suggestions you guys
      might have.

      She has a walker which she likes it is covered in Barbies.We also
      put her along the coffee table to walk and she does side walking. We
      walk with her holding her arms hands and waist. And we have just
      started to put her with her back agaisnt the walk and have her walk
      along that.

      She will not stand by herself when we set her up to do that she
      bends her knees so she can sit down as if this is scary to her. I
      wuld like to know if any of you went through this when you were
      babies.

      Also could any of you tell me any type of therapy that you really
      liked when you were a kid? I'm open to all ideas she also has
      clubbed hands that she is very good at moving but we are tryingto
      build muscle in them and ideas would be great!

      Thank you for all of your help and ideas!

      Thank you
      Mary
    • Alessia Di Virgilio
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2002
        Hello
        Im sorry I dont have any suggestions with walking bc I was never able to bear weight. As for the therapy, I remember my therapist and I used to play the board game "Operation" It was hard to hold the prongs and get the organ without it making noise. I also remember my therapist putting my Barbie clothes inside out and then I had to pull the back.
        Good finger exercises.
        Hope this helps
        Alessia
        mdblanchard4 <mdblanchard4@...> wrote:We are getting closer to walking!! But it seems she is scaried of
[...]

        As long as we have memories,
        yesterday remains.
        As long as we have hope,
        tomorrow awaits.
        As long as we have friendship,
        each day is never a waste.

      • mdblanchard4
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2002
          --I want to say thank you !! Im going to buy the game this week
          maybe tomorrow! Her ot and pt will be happy o hear of this we all
          know of the game I even looked at buying it for my son I dont know
          why I never thought about how it could help her and still be fun!
          The barbie thing will work great because she plays with them ALL of
          the time.
          Thanks again
          Mary
          Oh and if anyone else has anymore ideas I would love to hear them.

          - In amc_adults@y..., Alessia Di Virgilio <alessia_19@y...> wrote:>
          Hello
          > Im sorry I dont have any suggestions with walking bc I was never
          able to bear weight. As for the therapy, I remember my therapist
          and I used to play the board game "Operation" It was hard to hold
          the prongs and get the organ without it making noise. I also
          remember my therapist putting my Barbie clothes inside out and then
          I had to pull the back.
          > Good finger exercises.
          > Hope this helps
          > Alessia
          > mdblanchard4 <mdblanchard4@m...> wrote:We are getting closer to
          walking!! But it seems she is scaried of
          > walking on her own. I would like to know any suggestions you guys
          > might have.
          >
          > She has a walker which she likes it is covered in Barbies.We also
          > put her along the coffee table to walk and she does side walking.
          We
          > walk with her holding her arms hands and waist. And we have just
          > started to put her with her back agaisnt the walk and have her
          walk
          > along that.
          >
          > She will not stand by herself when we set her up to do that she
          > bends her knees so she can sit down as if this is scary to her. I
          > wuld like to know if any of you went through this when you were
          > babies.
          >
          > Also could any of you tell me any type of therapy that you really
          > liked when you were a kid? I'm open to all ideas she also has
          > clubbed hands that she is very good at moving but we are tryingto
          > build muscle in them and ideas would be great!
          >
          > Thank you for all of your help and ideas!
          >
          > Thank you
          > Mary

          Service.

          > As long as we have memories,
          > yesterday remains.
          > As long as we have hope,
          > tomorrow awaits.
          > As long as we have friendship,
          > each day is never a waste.

        • Erika Blancarte
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 12, 2002
            Hi Mary,
            My name is Erika and I am going through the exact same thing. Our daughter will be two next month and I feel she is so close to walking. Right now her PT has her "walking" on her knees to build up upper body strength. That's what were lacking right now. It would really be appreciated if you have any info to share. Thanks!
            Erika

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 15, 2002
              don't give up keep on going