Greetings all (new member w/ a question).

  • natnatnat
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hello,

      I am a 24 year-old with a mild case of AMC. I've never done much
      research into the disorder, but find myself looking for some
      information.

      I am getting married next summer, and naturaly am curious about how
      likely my offspring are to carry the disorder. I've found the
      pamphlet that says that a genetic cause is about 30% likely, but was
      unclear how this was determined etc. We certainly have no qualms
      about raising any type of child we are blessed with, but the question
      was raised by my finace's parents, and although initially shocked by
      the request, now I figure I might as well look into it. So thanks
      for any input! I'd also be interested in your own experiences.

      Thanks much!

      Nathaniel