Re: [Adults AMC] Need Advise

  • Nancy Naugles
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2002
      I was just writing a reply to Ilyce. My husband and I have been togetger 22 !/2 years. I think you are right though. My mother never thought I'd ever find someone to love me and care for me, never mind marry me. Then when I did I know she never tought it would last. My mom passed away in March, she was 89. I miss her terribly....Nancy

      Madonna Kelly wrote:hi nancy i know how u feel i have arthroghyposis multiplex congentia (
      fusion of some joints ) my father died when we where very young i was the
      last to go, she would always say well i guess its just u and me figuring
      that i would be always with her, but i found a wonderful man and we lived
      together a few years before we married she was uneasy but told me in her
      suttle way, i knew she thought i would always be with her, the best think u
      can do is talk to her and let your mom know u still need her but u need your
      independents, its hard to let go of your children i know now how she felt
      when i left..... as i watch my son grow up hes 16 years old now only a few
      more years and he will be moved out and it hurts and i guess thats how she
      feels, and knowing things r a little harder for us, i think in there mind we
      still need protecting i don't think she means any harm just her way of
      showing she truly cares hope this helps
      MADONNA

      >From: Nancy Naugles <nancn58@...>
      >To: amc_adults@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Adults AMC] Need Advise
      >Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:52:57 -0700 (PDT)
      >

      >My dad died when I was three. My mom did not think I could do it. My
      >original plan was to move in with two girl friends but then my boyfriend
      >(now husband) moved in too. All my mom said was don't you come crying if
      >you get pregnant but I think she was relieved that it was just us three
      >girls alone. My girlfriends were disabled and my husband is "able bodied".
      >I'm not sure if that made a difference to her or not. My mom and I had a
      >pretty good relationship. I remember telling her that I was moving out,
      >she laughed a little and started talking about all the logistics of it.
      >When we did finally find a place and got the landlord to build ramps. My
      >mom would come over and try too tell us where to put things and how things
      >should go. I finally had to ask her not to do that anymore. That hurt her
      >feelings and she never stepped foot that place again. We still talked
      >everyday and we would go see her all the time...Nancy
      >

      > PinkPheonix24@... wrote:I was wondering about something.... When u
      >were all ready to move out of your
      >parents house and to be on your own. Did any of your parents gave a big
      >fuss
      >about moving out and being on your own? Was some of your parents being over
      >protected of u? Did they say anything negative about moving and other
      >stuff?
      >The thing is I want to move out of my parents house and be on my own. I
      >found
      >an organazation that can help me find a place and also get services for my
      >needs. My mom thinks that I can't live on my own, but I know I can. My mom
      >told me that she wants me to keep living at the house until she dies. But I
      >don't want to live at home for the rest of my life and plus my parents r
      >getting older and I can't keep depending on them forever. I need some
      >advise,
      >How can I get through to my mom and make her understand? Thanks for
      >listening
      >to me, I need help!!!
      >

      >Ilyce
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT